Business Growth Expert
SAFEEM (Swiss Association For Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets) is a Geneva-based non-profit organization on a mission to support entrepreneurs in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. SAFEEM is an independent organisation that operates in partnership with Seedstars, a global investment holding with a similar goal of impacting people's lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The organization works with Seedstars staff and has an Equivalency Determination (ED) certificate from NGOsource, proving its equivalence to a Certified Public Charity. SAFEEM has previously collaborated with various organizations such as UN Environment (UNEP), GIZ, European Union, Visa Foundation, and more to fuel economic growth and create jobs in emerging markets.
About the program
The Togo Program is a holistic technical assistance upskilling program to enhance the capacity of entrepreneurs and women in Togo to run and grow successful digitally-enabled businesses to minimize the digital divide, catalyze economic growth, and create jobs. The aim of this program component is to increase the digital skills of female project leaders and help them take their businesses to the next level of maturity. It is a 6-months incubation program designed for women-led small and medium enterprises (WSMEs) to gain digital and data literacy skills and tools to grow their businesses. The program is tailored to ventures showing early signs of traction and aiming at reaching product market fit.
About the job
As a Business Growth Expert with a focus on providing personalized support for WSMEs, your objective will be to develop the curriculum and deliver material for the Togo program. You will localize existing content, source and manage our network of mentors and experts, work to develop the innovation ecosystems locally and in Western Africa, and track success through monitoring and evaluation efforts.
This is an on the ground opportunity starting in Q1 of 2024, to be based in Lomé, Togo for a period of 9 months initially, with the possibility of an extension.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Develop the methodology for training and mentoring this cohort of women entrepreneurs.
- Create and deliver workshop session content and detailed work plans for the entrepreneurs.
- Review business milestones and provide feedback prior to module start.
- Work in multiple small group sessions with the entrepreneurs and guide them through meeting their milestones.
- Assist in milestone review sessions.
- Track and report batch progress for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop a local and international network of mentors.
- Provide relevant introductions to the entrepreneurs.
- Design a framework to structure and scale mentoring support.
- Your Mindset
- Excellent team player with high levels of empathy.
- Passion for problem solving and striving for excellence.
- Excellent organization skills with a knack for coordination and juggling competing priorities.
- Extremely polished and straightforward communication –written and spoken– with different levels of stakeholders.
- Comfortable delivering under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Your Experience
- Fluent French with a strong command of English.
- Ability to develop creative, engaging and tailored content.
- Mentorship or training experience.
- Experience supporting in startup & entrepreneurial programs.
- Deep understanding of startup methodologies (testing / experimentation design, fundraising etc ) as well as up to date knowledge of the latest tools (Analytics, SEM/CEO/Email/Social marketing etc.).
- Knowledge of KPIs and tracking milestones.
- Nice to have
- Strong understanding of gender issues, digital technologies, and their role in economic and social development.
- You are either a local entrepreneur, innovation enthusiast, or are knowledgeable about the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Familiarity with startup incubation and acceleration programs.
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets.
- You get many growth and learning opportunities early on, including impactful and skills-enhancing roles in innovative programs.
- Robust on-boarding to translate our values and ways of working into successful outcomes.
- Excellent networking opportunities, including exposure to thought leaders and SMEs in the field of entrepreneurial support.
- An entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team.
- Autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want.
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage women, people from emerging markets, and those from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at SAFEEM.