Are you looking to join a fast-growing international and impact-driven startup, work in a flexible environment, and be surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging and frontier markets.
We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organised around two key activities:
(1) Working in partnership with governments, development agencies, corporate partners, and private donors to develop emerging market entrepreneurship ecosystems, create jobs and fuel economic growth.
(2) Investing in high growth technology companies in impactful sectors in emerging and frontier markets and support them with capital, knowledge and introductions.
About the job
We are now hiring a Community Manager who will be the main point of contact for our community of founders, mentors, investors, ambassadors in all our programs, organizing meaningful events and community engagement activities. This is a remote role and can be done from anywhere.
The ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to develop engaging content. You should be a ‘people’s person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community. In addition, you are the main contact for our program alumni: All startups and mentors.
- You will be responsible for the production of events, workshops and activities for community members and community partners.
- On a day-to-day, your responsibilities will run from organizing (logistics, sourcing of mentors, relationships with partners, etc.) to managing the events and doing active community management for the founders and other stakeholders of the program through monthly newsletters and in general workspaces (Slack, WhatsApp groups, Discord, etc.)
- You will set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities for every event and community communication
- You will also manage the community members’ database and evaluate new members
- You will be supporting our future and ongoing programs by sourcing mentors, speakers, and jury members from our community
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Tech teams to ensure brand consistency
- Taking our community activities to the next level by brining in new ideas and improving the status-quo
- Your mindset
- You have a passion for startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation
- You are a community person by heart, you are outgoing, open-minded, and love to interact with all our community stakeholders
- You have a strong belief in getting things done - You have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
- You share a conviction of bootstrapping and a love of the startup and tech world
- You have an intuitive feel for what works and what doesn’t online!
- You have demonstrated interest and/or experience in Gender Lens Investment
- Your experience
- You have at least 2+ years of relevant experience working
- Excellent ability to read, write, speak English
- You have experience in organizing and managing remote events
- You have experience in managing entrepreneurship and innovation communities remotely
- Demonstrated knowledge of community management is considered an advantage
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission that is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom-centered practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.