Do you want to work in a fast growing international startup while having many growth opportunities and the chance to do your best work?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About the job
We are launching a Micro-lending lending startup in Myanmar and we are looking for a credit risk officer to join our team. You will collaborate with experts in risk management, technology, data management, capital markets, business operations to understand business objectives and shape analytical solutions. You will have the privilege of being one of the first employees of our team in Myanmar, work and learn from our international team while having the autonomy and freedom to do your best work.
- Lead the credit risk assessment and manage day-to-day operations
- Think outside the box and create innovative credit evaluation processes and systems
- Create and maintain cash flow based credit analysis tools
- Identify and approve the small businesses that can best benefit from our services
- Evaluate clients for credit worthiness based our internal risk models & their application information
- Weed out fraudulent applications, and unreliable applicants
- Build relationships and communicate with similar businesses to ensure information and knowledge sharing
- Continuously ensure alignment/compliance to the credit risk management framework
- Responsible for coordination with third party collection agents
- You have 1 to 5 years of work experience in credit risk analytics / portfolio analytics / collections analytics in a microlending/ microfinance/ a bank or other lending institution
- You have proven problem-solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods
- You have advanced knowledge of Excel, working knowledge of SQL or R (candidates with SAS experience and aptitude to quickly learn R / SQL will also be considered)
- You are fluent in English
Why our employees love working with us
- We are on on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast growing international company.
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by an amazing and diverse team.
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to their work when and how they want.
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 30 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.