Data-Driven Credit Collections Lead at QuickCheck
- Ilupeju, Lagos, Nigeria
- Full Time
QuickCheck is a fast-growing Fintech building the leading mobile bank for Nigeria.
A large portion of the Nigerian population has no access to proper banking services. We leverage artificial intelligence to build an intelligent product, which wants to be much more than just another neo-bank in Africa. Our app-based solution has been downloaded by 1.5 Million people and has processed over 3.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people hustle everyday between Nigeria and Portugal to make our crazy vision a reality - and won’t rest until our app is in the hands of millions!
Learn more about our visions and our values
About the job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a Data-Driven Credit Collections Lead to join its team in Lagos. The Individual will be responsible for the delivery of the credit collections team by optimizing the current collections processes, research new methodology for collections and provide insights into Collections KPIs. This is a key role that connects the dots end-to-end throughout the whole credit recovery journey. You will provide thought leadership and direction that drives collections experience, operational excellence and business results, in alignment with the QuickCheck mission of educating customers about keeping a healthy credit behavior.
Responsibilities for this role include
- Analyze current performance, research, continuously develop and implement collection processes that reduce the amount of delinquency/default
- Organize the outbound call center into squads, leveraging VoIP technologies and IVR
- Ensure debts are fully recovered in a proper approach with compliance to different consumer protection regulations and quality framework
- Provides insights to Credit Collection KPIs like conversion rate, connection rate impacting both new and returning users
- Work together with Head of Risk and Operations Team in mitigating fraudulent approval to risky cohorts as described by the risk team
- Work with relevant recovery agencies and provide recommendation based on KPIs performances and continuous report on CBA
- 3 years in a leading role within an outbound call center, using VoIP and IVR technologies
- Experience in conceiving and implementing Credit Recovery processes will be highly valued
- Proactive, with an innate drive to exploring different options for reaching results, autonomously
- High attention to detail, and the password for the vision document above is iwalkthetalk
- You possess strong analytical and IT skills, proficiency in Excel. SQL basic knowledge is a must in this role
- Great communicator: ability to listen and collect feedback from different stakeholders, you make sure everyone is constantly aligned to the agreed objective
- You lead by example, humble but with high ambitions and desire to learn more
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office in Ilupeju, Silicon Valley style 8-)
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension, life and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of remote working depending on the role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you found our job opening on the Seedstars’ website
Seedstars is one of QuickCheck’s earlier investors. It’s a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 80+ emerging markets, which invests in early stage tech across emerging markets.