Hey! We got a few new products in the pipeline to be launched in the upcoming months…
Are you interested in joining a fast-growing international startup, to work in the trenches by designing, developing, and delivering cutting-edge products, which solve consumer challenges in accessing financial services?
A large portion of the Nigerian population has no access to proper banking services, especially credit. QuickCheck is a fast-growing Fintech startup in Nigeria, with the mission of providing financial services to underserved consumers. We leverage artificial intelligence to build an intelligent product, which wants to be much more than just another neo-bank in Africa. Our app-based solution has been downloaded by 1 Million people and has processed over 2.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people is located between Nigeria and Portugal.
About the job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a UX/UI Designer to join our offices in Lagos, Nigeria.
You have the ability to think strategically, act pragmatically, and have the tenacity, energy, and passion to innovate and implement change within the time and resource constraints of a quickly growing startup environment. You don't have to be afraid to turn complex business problems into simple and engaging product experiences, driving design decisions to make the user's job easier. You are open to accepting, acting on, and giving constructive criticism. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Collaborate and develop mutual respect and trust with the Product Team composed of Developers, UX Designers, Data Science, Marketing & Growth, Product Manager, etc.
- Develop standard UI components and style guides for company-wide use
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions are based on data and relevant studies
- Define requirements for A/B or other experiments to test features, ideas, layouts, etc.
- Work with developers to deliver a high-quality product to customers
- Gather feedback from the team involved to validate your ideas and deliver high-quality solutions
- Design and create rich and creative micro-animations for the UI to delight our customers
- You feel comfortable to contribute with digital design for marketing purposes (e.g. social media posts, etc)
- At least 3 years of experience as a UI designer
- Bachelor's Degree in HCI, Design, Computer Science, or the equivalent practical experience
- Portfolio with 3 to 5 projects that demonstrate your process and skills
- Banking or Financial products experience
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, and Invision
- Strong typography, layout, and visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Working knowledge of the ideation and creation of UI design deliverables: Sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, lo-fi and hi-fi layouts, prototypes.
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Creative ideas with a problem-solving mindset.
- You have an interest in user experience work and follow its process
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- Continued education and research into UI trends and current design strategy and technology, keeping yourself and the team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- Good English communication skills are required
- Gamification experience
- Design System experience
- Illustration skills
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- A high degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of remote working depending on the role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.