Are you interested in joining a fast-growing international startup and play a crucial role in organising the largest event dedicated to startups in emerging markets? Then this role is for you!
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About Seedstars Summit
At Seedstars Summit, we reunite the top players interested to connect, build and invest in emerging markets. It is the biggest Entrepreneurship and Innovation Forum for emerging markets that take place across all continents. Connect the dots offline!
About the job
Your main objective will be to support the organisation and production of the Global Seedstars Summit to be held each year in April, in Lausanne, Switzerland.
This job can be done from Paris, Porto, Geneva or remote from anywhere in Europe
- Assist with all other event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post-event wrap-up
- Planning, implementation and follow-up for the next edition of the Global Seedstars Summit
- Content & marketing:
- Prepare event content
- Develop and implement marketing plans and materials
- Find, manage and operate in-kind sponsors
- Work on the tickets sales strategy
- Operations & Logistics:
- Coordinate event logistics such as catering, venue, hotels, ground transportation
- Supervise, execute and coordinate with event contractors
- Experience & Skills: Minimum 2 years of event organisation experience; Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
- Languages: Excellent ability to read, write and speak English - business & content skills; Excellent ability to read, write and speak French - business skills
- Strong belief in getting things done: We are nomads travelling around the world so it is important to have drive, independence, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritise and make things happen
- An ability to connect: comfortable in new environments and more importantly loving engaging with new people and circumstances. You must be able to network and connect with different types of people, have interpersonal skills and good relationships.
- Creativity & team player: The challenges faced are massive and constant and you should see these challenges as experiences and will need to be creative to solve those problems. In order to scale and grow successfully, the quality of listening and generating relevant feedback from your team and outside partners/customers is fundamental.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why our employees say they love working with us:
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom-centred practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
- We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast-growing international company
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location and duration
- A 2 weeks training program at the headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland
- For the remaining period of the internship, remote work may be possible (to be defined).
- Duration: Permanent contract
- Starting date : early September 2019