Talent Acquisition Specialist at QuickCheck
About Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets.We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organized around two key activities: 1) creating jobs and fueling economic growth by partnering with local entities; 2) investing in high growth technology companies in impactful sectors.
QuickCheck is one of the first Seedstars’ investments, a fast-growing Fintech building the top credit-led neobank of Nigeria. 60 Million Nigerian adults are excluded from banking services, 100 Million do not have access to credit. QuickCheck leverages artificial intelligence to build an app-based product that has been downloaded by 2 Million people. It has processed over 4.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people hustles everyday between Nigeria and Portugal to make our crazy vision a reality - and won’t rest until our app is in the hands of millions!
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria. You will be responsible for the end to end recruitment process by identifying, recruiting, selecting, and presenting suitable candidates for all tech and non-tech positions, while collaborating with hiring managers to set realistic technical requirements for each role and sourcing matching candidate persona.
Responsibilities for this role includes:
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand the needs and roles to be filled across the business.
- Continuously improve the selection process, talent pipeline, hiring timelines, and the quality of hires, and provide periodic reports on the same.
- Monitor the talent lifecycle from hire to confirmation to ensure retention of good hires.
- Identify the most effective methods for attracting, recruiting, and selecting candidates.
- Draft recruitment advertisements, posts and/or ads in the most effective digital and/or print media for open positions.
- Build relationships with one or more placement agencies to assist with the recruitment process when necessary.
- Proactively identify qualified candidates through CV reviews, first-level screening, and other forms of communications, and connect them with hiring managers.
- Maintain a positive presence and network in the technology community and marketplace including job fairs and industry conferences.
- Collaborate with other members of the People Operations team to fill other non-technical roles across the business when required.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest talent acquisition trends and best practice, particularly within the tech industry.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field; professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Up to four years of technical recruitment experience.
- Strong understanding of technology, technical roles, and technical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of recruitment methods and global best practice.
- Working knowledge of applicable local labor laws and global best practice.
- Strong attention to details and communication skills (written, verbal & non-verbal).
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 8-)
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension, life and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.