Business Development Associate
- Lagos, Nigeria
- Contracted to Full Time
- Mid Level
WHO IS SEEDSTARS?
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
WANT TO WORK FOR ONE OF THE HOTTEST FIN-TECHS IN NIGERIA?
Lendigo Nigeria is a high growth portfolio company of Seedstars, focusing on SME lending in all areas. Our vision is to become the leading champion in SME lending for the common man in Nigeria while developing revolutionary fin-tech products that will change the whole conservative lending industry. Being a part of this ambitious project is what drives us every day and makes us achieve the best results for our clients and reach our ambitious goals.
WHAT IS THIS JOB ABOUT?
If Fintech sounds interesting to you and if autonomy, work-life balance and working with talented individuals who are disrupting the Financial Technology space in Nigeria is something you want, then this might be the right fit for you!
We are currently seeking passionate individuals with a flair for Sales and Marketing to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria as a Business Development Associate (M/F). The key mission of this job is to contribute to the companies top-line success by expanding our existing lending products through Lagos and other areas in Nigeria.
WANT TO BE OUR NEXT ROCKSTAR?
If long working hours don't bother you, if you are ready for a new challenge that will not only impact the lives of many people in your country but make you grow as a person and in the business, if you are ambitious enough to be part of a very selective A-team and be part of a fast-growing business, then this is the right moment to apply!
- Acquire, onboard and retain customers that come from our digital channels
- Growth Marketer with a working knowledge of digital acquisition channels
- Initiate the Credit Assessment process and ensure disbursement is done within agreed timelines
- Collaborating with internal team members (Digital Marketing, Customer Engagement and Collections) to continuously improve the process
- Take initiative and improve or develop new lending products
- Take ownership of the administrative, sales and marketing functions of the role
- Drive revenue and profit to achieve the Company’s ambitious growth
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Completed university degree in Business Administration/ -Economics, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Operations or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in a business development role within a financial company or similar startup environment
- Proven track record of personal, academic and professional achievements
- High degree of comfort with analytics, numbers and the capability to draw decisions based on both data and intuition.
- Ability to work in an independent, structured and goal-oriented manner
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and meet demanding deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint a must
- Previous experience with SME lending or other financial products is a plus
ARE YOU UP FOR A ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME EXPERIENCE?
- Coaching opportunities and learning Financial Technology from the best
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Regular get-togethers like team events, summer barbeques, etc.
- Flexible working hours and offsite work arrangements
- Health benefits