Full Stack Python/Django Software Engineer at QuickCheck
About Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organized around two key activities: 1) creating jobs and fuelling economic growth by partnering with local entities; 2) investing in high growth technology companies in impactful sectors.
QuickCheck is one of the first Seedstars’ investments, a fast-growing Fintech building the top credit-led neobank of Nigeria. 60 Million Nigerian adults are excluded from banking services, 100 Million do not have access to credit. QuickCheck leverages artificial intelligence to build an app-based product that has been downloaded by 2 Million people. It has processed over 4.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people hustles everyday between Nigeria and Portugal to make our crazy vision a reality - and won’t rest until our app is in the hands of millions!
About the job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a 'hands-on' Full Stack Python/Django Software Engineer to join our team in Lagos. The ideal candidate will write software solutions that will change the way people perceive and use technology. You will work in new generation mobile-first applications using the most recent methodologies and technologies: Android/Kotlin and React Native.
Responsibilities for this role include
- You take pride in the code you write - it's clean, organized, and elegant
- You want to work in an agile environment - we move quickly and ship code often
- You really hate when stuff breaks and it keeps you up at night
- You see the bigger picture (you realize that there are exciting tasks and then there's bug fixing) but at the end of the day you're happy we're moving forward as a team, as a company, and as a product
- You're friendly, interesting, and cool to hang out with
- You are a quick learner - you pick up new frameworks and technologies quickly
- You have a strong understanding of Android (Java or Kotlin), React Native is a plus
- Python and Django knowledge is a plus
- Comfortable with SQL databases
- Comfortable with Git
- Write a unit test, but are not militant about things like testing frameworks and code coverage
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 8-)
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get “shit” done attitude
- Pension, life, and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.