About Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organized around two key activities: 1) creating jobs and fueling economic growth by partnering with local entities; 2) investing in high growth technology companies in impactful sectors.
QuickCheck is a Seedstars portfolio company, a fast-growing Fintech building the top credit-led neobank of Nigeria. 60 million Nigerian adults are excluded from banking services, 100 Million do not have access to credit. QuickCheck leverages artificial intelligence to build an app-based product that has been downloaded by 2 million people. It has processed over 4.5 million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people hustle every day between Nigeria and Portugal to make our crazy vision a reality - and won’t rest until our app is in the hands of millions!
About the Job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a 'hands-on' Product Director to join its team in Porto, Portugal.
The Product Director will be responsible for delivering QuickCheck's products. The role requires a high capacity for coordination and strong communication skills to easily pass objectives and deliverables to management and to the different Product Owners that work day to day to solve our customers' problems.
This is a key role that connects the dots end-to-end throughout the whole customer journey. You will provide thought leadership and direction to the different product teams that drive customer experience and business results in alignment with QuickCheck's mission.
Responsibilities for this role include
- The ultimate success of the product: sustainable product-market fit and profitability
- Based on company objectives and product vision, you define (with the product teams), monitor, and achieve the quarterly product roadmap, KPIs and OKRs
- Delivery: you make sure the goals of the different product development cycles are met, and the teams timely get the products out the door
- Solution: You help Product Owners define the business requirements for new features and experiments, launch in MVP mode, measure, learn, reiterate, validate and ensure deployment at scale
- Problem prioritization: by facilitating the decision about what features to build, bugs to test, experiments to run, focusing on solving customer problems while maximizing business results
- Problem discovery: you constantly talk to customers to understand their needs, the next problem to be solved, and validate it is worth finding a solution for it
- Research: you constantly map direct and indirect competition, complementary or comparable solutions in our/other markets, transforming others’ ideas into your own opportunity
- Communication: you are the one who puts all pieces together by getting feedback from all product stakeholders
- Methodology: you help us craft and continuously fine-tune our product management process.
- Proactive, with an innate drive to explore different options for reaching results, autonomously
- High attention to detail
- 5-7 years+ in managing tech-based products, either with a technical, design, or business background. Fintech experience is a plus.
- Strong project management skills: high-quality delivery taking into account scope, costs, and time
- Great communicator: ability to listen and collect feedback from different stakeholders. You make sure everyone is constantly aligned to the agreed objective
- You lead by example, humble but with high ambitions and a desire to learn more
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- You possess strong analytical and IT skills and proficiency in Excel. SQL knowledge will be highly helpful in this role
- You read daily internet/mobile market trends and love technology.
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 8-)
- A high degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication, and get “shit” done attitude
- Pension, life, and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.