Who we are
Seedstars is an organisation headquartered in Switzerland with operations in emerging markets. By connecting key stakeholders, transferring knowledge, supporting the development of innovative solutions and investing and/or building companies, the group’s goal is to improve people's lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship
About the job
Your main mission will be to successfully manage the Seedstars Academy program in Yangon. The program aims to help young entrepreneurs gain valuable entrepreneurial skills, in order to build successful local and international businesses.
The Seedstars Academy Program is a 6-month pre-incubation program, in which participants learn the soft and hard skills needed to run their own business. This program is all about learning by doing - 90% of the time will be spent on bringing their idea to life.
- You will help participants to create a prototype / MVP, set up a business model and acquisition strategy
- You will teach theoretical concepts that will set out the fundamentals of what it takes to build world-class companies
- You will be the focal point of communication for mentors, partners and other supporters of the program.
- You will implement learnings from the first batch and run a successful second batch in collaboration with our corporate partner
- Together with the Events Manager and General Manager you will run other eco-system building events and trainings (eg. Hackathons) at Seedspace Yangon.
- You will contribute to and build a vibrant community at the space
- In collaboration with the General Manager, you will be responsible for the full sales cycle of:
- Seedstars Programs: Acceleration, Incubation, Venture-Building, Co-development Training, Delegations, among others.
- You have project management, operations or event management experience. You’re hands-on and you love organising things.
- You are passionate about entrepreneurship and startups and would love to have a positive impact on helping young entrepreneurs succeed.
- Ideally, you already have experience in successfully managing a program dedicated to entrepreneurs or startups.
- You are an independent, self-starter, and can thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- You have a background in sales and client relationship management
- Good presentation skills
Why our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.