Do you want to become an Investment Associate for an international venture capital firm and engage with hundreds of startups in emerging markets?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organisation with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
Seedstars International is a growing global seed stage investment fund with over 50 portfolio companies. We invest through batches via the Growth Program (post-acceleration program focused on implementing a growth methodology) and support the top percentile of companies through their next funding rounds. We invest across all sectors but have a focus on FinTech, EdTech, HealthTech and AgTech.
About the job
We are looking for an Associate to join the team and take a senior role inthe sourcing, screening and evaluating of the seed-stage startups. Moreover, the Associate will work directly and support Partners and Principals in deal execution, portfolio management and fundraising, among other responsibilities. The Associate will also work with Analysts for the sourcing and screening of potential investments.
- Be an integral part of our investment team and support us in all lines of our work.
- Source, screen & evaluate the best global seed stage startups in emerging markets.
- Lead deal negotiations, deal closings & due diligence.
- Become a trusted partner and mentor of our portfolio companies.
- Build high quality relationships with ecosystem enablers, fellow investors and entrepreneurs.
- Represent the Seedstars Investments team in external facing events including, but not limited to, investor trainings, panels and conferences.
- Passion for startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets
- A "can-do" attitude, strong drive, and willingness to learn
- Flexibility and international exposure - This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new often on very little notice and with a couch surfer attitude.
- Strong belief in getting things done - we are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership, and execution. Working remotely with an international team you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritise and make things happen.
- Prior VC/investment experience is a must.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in a high-performance environment (venture capital, private equity, consulting, high-growth startup).
- Emerging market work experience.
- Financial acumen and strong analytical skills.
Why our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
- Competitive package: Market salary + carried interest. Opportunity for internal career progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.