Head of Partnerships Africa
Are you looking for a role where you can have a significant impact in supporting entrepreneurs across the entire African continent? Then this role is perfect for you.
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
Seedstars is active in 27+ Sub-Saharan African countries to find the best early-stage startups, analyse local ecosystems and work with public and private partners to invest in and support entrepreneurs locally and across the world through a variety of competition, acceleration, incubation and education programs.
About the job
Seedstars is looking for an experienced head of partnerships for Africa. Your main objective will be to sell Seedstars key programs and other products that can impact the local and regional startup ecosystems to ensure a steady revenue from these activities in Sub-Saharan Africa. You will be responsible for managing the full lifecycle of the sales activities as well as a remote sales team.
You will mainly work on institutional sales, but other clients might include corporates, governments, and foundations as well. Your main responsibility will be to increase the sales from our core capacity-building products (i.e. talent incubator, accelerator, etc.). This is a remote role, with occasional travels to various African countries.
- Increase the revenues in Africa by selling our core capacity-building products (i.e. talent incubator, accelerators etc)
- Evaluate areas of opportunity for revenue growth for specific market segments and key accounts and turn them into an actionable sales plan/sales playbook
- Monitor and analyze sales performance and progress, including financial reviews, P&L, CRM, etc.
- Management of a remote sales team in Africa and oversee sales performance
- You embody the following Seedstars Values:
- #Out of the comfort zone: you have an entrepreneurial mindset, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment where things are not fully defined
- #Independently Together: You can work well alone but are also an amazing team player. You know how to lead and motivate a team
- #Follow the money: You are extremely results-oriented and know how to drive sales activity (as well as motivate your team to do so)
- You care about the solutions being created for entrepreneurs and clients, and are good at building trust and relationships
- You have a strong worth ethic, meaning you are motivated, trustworthy and take initiative and possess an unbounded intellectual curiosity that you channel toward driving impact for the region
- Your Experience:
- You have at least 5+ years of sales experience and demonstrated experience with sales in Africa and have experience in selling to ODA partners.
- You have experience in managing effective sales teams
- You have a good understanding of finance (Budgeting, Forecasting, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statements) and master Excel
- Demonstrated sales experience in the entrepreneurship and innovation space is an added advantage.
Why do our team members love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status