Portfolio & Investment Associate
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organisation with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our 200+ Seedstars are organised around two key activities; 1) talent incubation and 2) VC investing. We incubate talent and high growth ventures through a series of programs from idea stage to early growth stage. We are currently building a platform of funds to be positioned as a key early-stage emerging market VC.
Seedstars International Ventures
Seedstars International Ventures is our global pre-seed & seed stage investment fund with 80+ portfolio companies across 30+ countries. We invested in "soonicorns" like Foodics (UAE), Dastgyr (Pakistan), Omnibiz (Nigeria), Baubap (Mexico), Manzana Verde (Mexico), and Lipa Later (Kenya). We’ll be adding another 100 rockstar companies to our portfolio over the coming 3 years.
The team is distributed around the globe and works together remotely. This position provides an opportunity to work globally and support the investment team’s both new and existing portfolio companies. This is a full time role divided in two components (Portfolio Management and Investment Analysis) and can lead to either a full-time VC role or a VC platform (value creation) role.
The role will include the following elements:
Portfolio Management (50-60%):
- Project managing the 3-month growth track (run twice a year) in collaboration with the growth EIR
- Organising and curating quarterly portfolio meetups and investor showcases
- Onboarding portfolio companies and ensuring “customer success”
- 1:1 calls with founders and staff of portfolio companies to get a deeper understanding of dynamics at play, find the root cause of growth blockers, and then get them the help they need
- Gathering and analysing quarterly portfolio company data
- Supporting portfolio companies with various requests (deck reviews, modelling, fundraising etc)
- Curating and coordinating knowledge sharing sessions with founders and experts
Investment Analysis (40-50%):
- Support commercial and legal due diligence
- Research and analysis support of country-level investment strategy
- Research and analysis enhancing the sector/model level investment strategy
- The ideal candidate is passionate about startups, venture capital and emerging markets.
- At least 3+ years of previous experience in a high-performance environment like
- Management Consulting
- High growth Startup
- Venture Capital / Private Equity / Hedge Fund
- Investment Banking
Why our employees love working with us
- We are on a mission that is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.