Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
We have our own hubs in 10+ countries across the globe, over 100 team members, and we have a network of over 70000+ entrepreneurs, investors and mentors in our community.
About the job
The Brand and Content team is looking for an experienced and creative Social Media Specialist. The candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing our Social Media strategy in order to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and sales efforts. Acting as a central coordination contact, the person will work closely with the product marketing managers within the team and the other squads to plan, coordinate and measure our international and local activations.
This job can be done from one of our hubs, from Porto, or remote.
- Develop, implement and manage our social media strategy
- Define most important social media KPIs
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Measure the success of every social media campaign
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Collaborate with other squads and Content and Brand squad members to ensure our activations are coordinated and optimised
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
- 2-3 years of experience as a Social Media Specialist or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience setting up experiments and tracking results
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Excellent planning and coordination skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Why our employees say they love working with us:
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
- We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast growing international company
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.