Are you passionate about startups, and want to build a strong entrepreneurial ecosystem in Mexico, while working in an international organisation?
Who we are
Seedstars is an organisation headquartered in Switzerland with operations in emerging markets. By connecting key stakeholders, transferring knowledge, supporting the development of innovative solutions and investing and/or building companies, the group’s goal is to improve people's lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship.
About the Mexico Team
Seedstars Mexico consists of 3 fully operating coworking hubs (Seedpaces) at the heart of Roma Norte, CDMX, a top tier team in charge of the design and execution of high impact initiatives with private sector and government to support startups, and a strong network of partners and supporters across the country willing to create a truly impactful ecosystem.
About the job
Your main objective will be to grow Seedstars footprint in Mexico by leveraging our acceleration programs, digital events, Seedspace Mexico Hub and our community of entrepreneurs in Mexico City to impact the local startup ecosystem and ensure steady revenue from these activities.
Primary day to day responsibilities include:
- Source commercial opportunities with different stakeholders of Seedstars: corporates, investors, governments, NGOs, and startups . HUNT!!
- Develop relationships with the different stakeholders and ecosystem enablers while strengthening our presence with business development activities on the ground.
- Maintain and develop a solid relationship with our key clients of different Programs and Events as well as our Cowork. Farm!
- Manage the relationship with our Seedpace local partners & co-design strategy for the growth of the Hub in Mexico
- Responsible for full sales cycle (acquisition, activation, negotiation, closing) for:
- Seedstars Programs: acceleration, incubation, venture-building, co-development, training, delegations, among others.
- Seedspace Hub: rent of large offices, creation of events & campaign to generate leads for our coworking.
- Use, update and analyze the sales funnels with our CRM. Discipline & data!
- Manage applications to public/private tenders.
- Managing budget and P&L.
- Leadership of our Seedstars Community Manager in Mexico.
- Your mindset:
- Hustler, you never give up & are highly enthusiastic about talking & networking with different types of people.
- Farmer, you are not selling for sales. You care about the benefits for the entrepreneurs & clients. You are good at building trust and relationships.
- Resilient and disciplined, you understand sales is hard and that to get there it takes courage and discipline.
- Entrepreneurship is part of your DNA. Previous experience scaling a business or with an acceleration program is a plus
- Your experience:
- Minimum 4 years sales experience, preferably in the entrepreneurial and startup ecosystem
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Account Based Marketing experience
- Strong business development background
- Competency in business finance: budgeting process, P&L
- Proven leadership capabilities in past roles
Why our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.