Full Stack Python/Django Software Engineer at QuickCheck
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 60+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
QuickCheck is a Nigerian Fintech Startup of Seedstars portfolio with the mission of providing financial services to underserved consumers. Built by people who work towards solving real-world problems, we realized that at least 60% of the Nigerian population is financially excluded and more than 95% has no access to credit... We want to fill this gap!
The day to day responsibilities will include:
Write software solutions in our companies which will change the way people perceive and use technology. You will work in new generation mobile-first applications using the most recent methodologies and technologies: React, React Native, Python, Go.
What we look for in a person
- You take pride in the code you write - it's clean, organised, and elegant
- You want to work in an agile environment - we move quickly and ship code often
- You really hate when stuff breaks and it keeps you up at night
- You see the bigger picture (you realise that there are really exciting tasks and then there's bug fixing) but at the end of the day you're happy we're moving forward as a team, as a company, and as a product
- You're friendly, interesting and cool to hang out with
Your tech skills
- You are a quick learner - you pick up new frameworks and technologies quickly
- You have a strong understanding of Python, Django and web development
- Comfortable with Linux is a plus
- React / NodeJs knowledge is a plus
- Up to date with latest HTML/CSS/AJAX/etc. – front-end stuff
- Comfortable with SQL databases
- Comfortable with Git
- Write a unit test, but are not militant about things like testing frameworks and code coverage
Benefits and perks
- Be part of a global movement and build your network in 80+ emerging markets
- We are a young team of entrepreneurs who want to make things happen
- You will be FREE, we give you the autonomy to "run the show"
- Flexible working hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.