Are you looking to join a fast growing international and impact driven startup, work in a flexible environment, and be surrounded by a young and diverse team?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
Seedspace (www.seedspace.co) is the fastest growing network of coworking and coliving spaces in emerging markets. Our current Partner hubs are spread across 4 continents, 18 countries and 22 cities - and we are growing fast.
- Coworking: Flexible, global memberships, shared or dedicated desks and private offices.
- Community: Participate or organise useful events, meet and collaborate with new clients & friends, access to member benefits and a global network of mentors, investors, corporates and more. Coliving: Short to midterm room rental for digital nomads, coworkers or travellers looking for a life & work package in a friendly and dynamic environment.
About the job
Your main objective will be to (1) generate revenue sources and (2) build a local community of Seedspace users for one of our most exciting spaces based in Cape Town.
Your day to day responsibilities include:
- Ensure efficient day to day operations of the coworking space
- Coordinate the design, implementation and maintenance of the space
- Take appropriate measures (online & offline) to ensure occupancy of coworking, monitoring actual coworkers’ attendance and willingness to stay
- Help put together the most impactful events for the local startup community, together with the local team
- Bring local & international influencers and thought leaders into the space
- Leverage the global know-how of other Seedspaces around the world and act as a main point of contact for the international network in Cape Town
- Assist with general administration tasks, financial requirements, hosting members needs, front of house management, etc.
- Contribute to business development strategy and create new business opportunities
- You are a young professional
- Strong operational and business development background
- Smart, natural sales person
- Track record of managing costs tightly (e.g., catering business, trade, small business owner)
- Experience creating and managing events
- Business / hospitality experience and/or qualification preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.