Are you interested in playing a crucial role in a fast growing international venture, and work in an entrepreneurial environment where flexibility and autonomy are encouraged?
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 65+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About the job
Are you a 360 marketer passionate about the startup world? Are you hungry for a high-responsibility challenge that will connect you to several products and teams across the CEE & Asia regions? If so, this job might be the perfect match for you.
We are looking for a mid-level Regional Marketing Manager to implement global brand strategies and execute marketing activities at the local/regional level. The role will act as an intermediate between the central marketing team and the local markets squads and will work directly with the product teams, to cover initiatives such as Seedstars World local events, regional and global Seedstars Summits, Seedspace entrepreneurship hubs, programs and other brand and content focused initiatives.
More information on Seedstars key initiatives:
Seedstars World local events are part of a yearly startup competition taking place in more than 85 cities across LATAM, Africa, MENA, Asia and CEE. Each region then organises the next stage of the competition through the Regional Summits, which lead up to the annual global Seedstars Summit in Switzerland.
Seedspace is a global brand of entrepreneurship hubs, with over 13 spaces and more opening soon. These are the physical representation of Seedstars in emerging markets where we organise events, programs and bring together the local startup community.
Your key responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the central Brand Squad and armed with the strategic global brand recommendations and guidelines, you will be responsible for the marketing activations of your regional area, covering either LATAM , Africa & MENA or CEE & Asia regions
- Be the brand expert and point of reference for the squads falling under your regional scope while keeping an active lookout for upcoming global projects
- Report back and align with your central brand squad on all your regional brand initiatives, keeping track of objectives to attain, resources used, results achieved and initiatives to come. As a connecting point, your role will be to ensure that the efforts being deployed at the regional level reflect the central priorities and that regional priorities and specificities are taken into account into the broader shaping of the brand strategy so that objectives are met at all levels.
- Centralise information at a regional level and coordinate activation efforts at local and regional level on all marketing initiatives
- Help define the marketing mix for the markets under your scope and report on all marketing initiatives
- Work closely with the local Seedspace and Seedstars World teams on the execution of brand and content marketing efforts
- Support with social media optimisation together with the Social Media Specialist
- You have at least 3 years of experience in Product Marketing Management or Event Marketing with a customer-centric focus
- You have previously worked in entrepreneurial environments and are familiar with the startup world
- You are a people’s person, your natural habitat is in a multicultural environment and you are interested in emerging markets, innovation and/or impact business.
- You are both analytical and creative. Your decisions are filled with a strong sense of initiatives and you are not afraid of looking outside of the box, but you also back your decisions with data, research and benchmarks and not on plain assumptions.
- You have strong communication skills and understand the importance of right messaging
- You have the capacity to adapt in fluid, fast-paced environments and experience in managing multiple priorities and deadlines in cross-functional teams
- You have good knowledge of digital marketing tools, such as website builders, CRM management tools, social media, email and analytics tools
- You have basic knowledge in SEO and Inbound Marketing
- You have full working proficiency in English and another Eastern European or Asian language (Russian, Burmese, Tajik etc.)
Why do our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through entrepreneurship and technology
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centred practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.