Head of Tech
Are you interested to lead the tech team of an innovative international tech school aimed at developing the change makers of tomorrow?
About Seedstars Academy
Seedstars Academy is a new international school being launched in Bengaluru, the first one of its kind available for students in India. In a 24 months program, students gain both coding skills and entrepreneurial skills, helping them become the change makers of tomorrow. With a Swiss certification and a program developed and tested across the world in the last 20+ years, this is a world class alternative students in India now have access to. The Academy is brought in India by Seedstars and 01 Edu.
Key purpose / Context
We are looking for a new team member with a technical background to help us change the education landscape in Bengaluru! The role of the Head of Tech is to develop the study program modules and additional events together with our partners and also to manage and maintain the school’s equipment and infrastructure (both hardware and software) and lead the tutors team.
Role & responsibilities
- Overseeing the platform and internal tech initiatives.
- Understanding the 01 Education System curriculum, content, and platform and making decisions regarding pedagogical tech.
- Installing and maintaining the school's informatics infrastructure and network.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues.
- Protecting data and systems through network security measures.
- Auditing student work and communicating with students.
- Performing data backups and disaster recovery.
- Monitoring network performance and identifying platform bugs.
- Coordinating network access and resolving system problems.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software.
- Gathering tickets and issues, supporting tech events and collaborations.
- Querying databases for analytics and insights.
- Maintaining credibility with corporate partners.
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructure and hardware.
- Problem-solving and visualization skills.
- Good knowledge of instructional design and pedagogical tech
- Experience in software development using range of programming languages
- Ability to design, deploy, implement and manage information systems
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices.
- Knowledge of network protocols and security.
- Experience with LAN and WAN.
- Skills in creating network diagrams and documentation.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Good communication and team management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Supports inclusion and diversity.
- Fluency in English.
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets.
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team.
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want.
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices .
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.