Who we are:
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
We have our own hubs in 10+ countries across the globe, over 100 team members, and we have a network of over 70000+ entrepreneurs, investors and mentors in our community.
About Seedstars Summit
At Seedstars Summit, we reunite the top players interested to connect, build and invest in emerging markets. It is the biggest Entrepreneurship and Innovation Forum for emerging markets that take place across all continents. Connect the dots offline!
About the job
Our internship program works with talented students and young professionals to help them develop core skills, learn more about the different startup ecosystems and make an impact on our business. It's a great opportunity to play an important role in organising one of the largest event dedicated to startups and emerging markets worldwide.
With this internship, you will (1) get involved with the organisation of our Global Seedstars Summit to be held in April 2020 in Lausanne, Switzerland, (2) focus on a CRM project.
This job can be done from Paris, Geneva, Porto or remote from anywhere in Europe or GMT Time-Zone.
Assist with all other event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post-event wrap-up: planning, implementation and follow-up for the next edition of the Global Seedstars Summit
- Operations & Logistics:
- Coordinate event logistics such as registration, hotel, catering, transportation, activities…
- Supervise and coordinate with event contractors and suppliers
- Order, distribute, and manage all event materials and execution items
- Work on the CRM database to qualify leads for the Sales Manager: filter, edit, run customer questionnaires
- Contribute at a growth level to the results of the P&L
- Experience & Skills: Event organisational experience preferable; Growth experience preferable; Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
- Languages: Excellent ability to read, write and speak English; French speakers appreciated
- Strong belief in getting things done: We are nomads travelling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
- An ability to connect: comfortable in new environments and more importantly loving engaging with new people and circumstances. You must be able to network and connect with different types of people, have interpersonal skills and good relationships.
- Creativity & team player: The challenges faced are massive and constant and you should see these challenges as experiences and will need to be creative to solve those problems. In order to scale and grow successfully, the quality of listening and generating relevant feedback from your team and outside partners/customers is fundamental.
Why our employees love working with us:
- In 2019 we’ve been awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centred practices (see here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
- We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast-growing international company
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
Location and duration
- All interns must pass through a 2 weeks training program at the headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland
- For the remaining period of the internship, remote work may be possible (to be defined).
- Duration: minimum of 8 months, can lead to full-time employment
- Starting date: early September 2018