Are you looking to join an impact driven organisation, travel across Latin America (while being based in Bogota) and help us scout for the best tech startups in the region?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
Seedspace (www.seedspace.co) is the fastest growing network of coworking and coliving spaces in emerging markets.
- Coworking: Flexible, global memberships, shared or dedicated desks and private offices.
- Community: Participate or organise useful events, meet and collaborate with new clients & friends, access to member benefits and a global network of mentors, investors, corporates and more.
- Coliving: Short to midterm room rental for digital nomads, coworkers or travelers looking for a life & work package in a friendly and dynamic environment.
About the job
This job is for you if you are excited about 1) organising events aimed at strengthening the local entrepreneurial ecosystem and 2) traveling in the region to organise other events related to entrepreneurship. You will organise pitching events and interact with the most active startup ecosystem builders in each country, from corporates, to governments, startups, mentors and investors.
- You will be responsible for the production of local events from conception through to completion.
- On a day-to-day, your responsibilities will run from organising (logistics, sourcing of startups, relationship with local partners, selection of jury & mentors, etc) to managing the pitching events in the region ;
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every local event;
- Since you will be on the ground meeting with key local players, you will play a crucial role in the overall business development and sales process.
- Previous relevant experience with the job is a MUST
- Flexibility & International exposure - This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
Benefits and perks
- Exposure to cultures and ecosystems from over 70 countries
- Build your network in emerging markets of tech entrepreneurs and investors
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Growth opportunities (both locally and at global level) and support to achieve your mastery (by participating in our internal Seedstars Academy)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.