Partnerships Manager Intern - Middle East & North Africa
Seedstars is an investment holding headquartered in Switzerland / Geneva on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging and frontier markets through technology and entrepreneurship. We operate 2 main activities to achieve our mission: (A) Work in partnership with development agencies, governments, corporate partners, and private donors to develop emerging and frontier market entrepreneurship ecosystems, create jobs and fuel income growth. (B) Invest in high-growth technology companies in impactful sectors (fin-tech, ed-tech, agri-tech, health-tech, etc) in emerging markets and support them with capital, knowledge and introductions.
Seedstars in MENA is on a mission to impact people’s lives through technology and entrepreneurship. To further increase our impact on the content, we are looking for a motivated Intern to support our Partnerships Team in research, partner sourcing and development of new services.
The ideal intern will be a great fit for our energetic and creative team. You will gain hands-on experience working on challenging yet meaningful projects with guidance from a mentor and other members of our team.
Sales Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Research on the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in MENA and presenting of the findings in the form of industry or sector documents that will guide the development of new partnerships and services
- Provide input on customer briefs, presentations, and sales literature
- Assist in evaluating new partnership opportunities
- Assist in building proposals and responding to bids
- Learn and apply sales techniques
- Organize events to bring together the Seedstars community for insightful conversations and sharing of learnings
- Support on the public visibility strategy of the MENA team, attend events, network etc.
- Can speak English (C1) and Arabic (B2 level : speaking & reading), ideally french
- Previous internship experience
- Previous international experience
- Very good knowledge of the MENA region
- Business Degree, International Relations, Sales or Marketing
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to create presentations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with G Suite
- Work on increasingly challenging and engaging real-world projects
- Gain hands-on experience in each stage of the sales funnel
- Collaborate with experienced sales professionals
- Work closely with a mentors who has over 10 years of experience in the field
- Attend meetings, events, and other networking opportunities
- Compensation available
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centred practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organisation should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.