Who we are
Seedstars is an organisation headquartered in Switzerland with operations in emerging markets. By connecting key stakeholders, transferring knowledge, supporting the development of innovative solutions and investing and/or building companies, the group’s goal is to improve people's lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship.
Legal is a specialised squad serving the commercial success of the Seedstars group. It is part of the infrastructure tribe with People Operations, Finance & Accounting and Tech. You will work with all squads internationally in order to achieve Seedstars’ objectives and ensure our activities are in conformity with all laws and regulations. You will be the centerpiece for the management of liability risk and exposure of the Seedstars group and will safeguard its interests.
About the job
As a legal counsel your role is a mix, admin and legal, with the key objective to further grow this squad, while assisting managers with legal affairs. You will be responsible for creating and deploying new procedures & policies, while working closely with the founders and the head of people operations to ensure the performance and healthiness of our organisation. This role can be done remotely.
- Manage Seedstars Legal HelpDesk via Hubspot by prioritising, reviewing, and responding to incoming legal inquiries from team members.
- Be responsible for our contract management tool, create contract templates and review important contracts (when required).
- Advise on corporate subjects, assisting in the setting up of an investment fund, management of our companies worldwide (incorporation, repatriation of funds, tax, etc) and liaising with relevant stakeholders.
- Manage the compliance policies, training our staff, and more generally forging and being in charge of our growing compliance needs.
- Elaborate and express a legal opinion on a huge variety of issues.
- Contribute in legal awareness and the orientation of the staff.
- Ensure our HRIS is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation
- You have a minimum of 1 year of experience working at a law firm or a legal department.
- A undergraduate degree in Law or a masters in business law
- Your are comfortable operating with legal terms
- Excellent writing skills, organisational skills and attention to details
- Fluent in French and English
- Strong belief in getting things done - you are comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen.
Why our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.