Are you looking to join a fast growing international and impact-driven startup, work in a flexible environment, and be surrounded by a young and diverse team?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
Your main objective will be to
(1) Provide 1:1 mentoring to growth-stage startups
(2) Develop & deliver relevant content in webinar / workshop format
(3) Manage EIRs across different programs, and
(4) Manage the Seedstars Mentors Network; all with the aim to deliver a transformative experience to startups.
The success of this role will be measured by (1) % growth of north-star metric across a cohort of startups in each program, (2) Feedback on EIRs & mentors, (3) % objectives achieved for a startup for each program (defined by the startup at the beginning of the program), and (4) # of high quality mentors in the network.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Creating and developing various training programs for startups with all required materials
- Mentoring startups on a weekly 1-on-1 basis
- Recruiting & managing quality of EIRs for different programs
- Tracking & reporting the progress of cohorts.
- Assisting the Seedstars Investments Team with application screening and selection process
- Assisting the Program Managers with curriculum development for programs
- Delivering trainings and workshops tailored to the program and startup requirements
- Identify areas for program innovation and improvement and share with central programs team
- Building and managing the Seedstars Mentor Network
- Supporting Seedstars portfolio startups with their challenges either through your expertise or connecting them to the right profiles from the Mentor Network
- Represent Seedstars in startup community
- Previous founding / co-founding experience of a growth-stage startup (> $50k MRR)
- Deep knowledge and application of the following frameworks/methodologies:
- Lean Methodology
- Value Proposition Canvas
- Growth Methodology
- Rapid Experimentation
- Product-Led Growth
- ELMR Framework
- Deep understanding of the latest tools in marketing, sales, user behaviour, analytics, etc. that startups use on a regular basis.
- Proven expertise in at least two core areas of business (Product / Marketing / Tech / Operations / Customer Success / etc) with a better-than-average understanding of other areas
- Proven leadership capabilities in past roles
- Proven ability to mentor startups on a vast array of topics (testimonials would be helpful)
- Passion for startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets
- Flexibility & International exposure - This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
Why our employees love working with us:
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom-centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
- We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast-growing international company
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.