Do you want to play a key role in a fast growing impact driven startup?
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
We have physical presence in 10 countries across the globe, over 100 team members, and we have a network of over 70000+ entrepreneurs, investors and mentors in our community.
InvoizPAID Nigeria is a high growth portfolio company of Seedstars, focusing on SME lending in all sectors. Our vision is to become the champion in SME lending for the common man in Nigeria while developing revolutionary fin-tech products that will change the whole conservative lending industry. Being a part of this ambitious project is what drives us every day and makes us achieve the best results for our clients and reach our ambitious goals.
About the Job
Take the role of an acting co-founder of the company and take over full operational responsibility in task force assignments in mission-critical processes & strategic initiatives. Work closely with the founders (ex-McKinsey and Rocket Internet), C-Level, and advisory board to deliver against our growth roadmap. Become part of one of the most promising SME lending fintech ventures in Africa, extend your skills for managing hyper-growth startups & build deep functional expertise.
- Defining and implementing financial strategy in collaboration with the CEO
- Designing policies and processes for internal control in order to minimize business risk and comply with local and internal accounting standards
- Managing and maintaining the financial accounting system, and all accounting processes including daily accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash collection, GL, payroll
- Providing complete analysis of financial results to the executive leadership team and board members
- Effective and timely management of financial planning, analysis and budgeting within the business
- Creating infrastructure to capture weekly, monthly, quarterly KPIs
- Leading a team, providing technical and professional development and establishing succession planning
- Organizing, evaluating and directing the fiscal functions and performance of the business; developing country/product specific policies and procedures to improve overall operation/effectiveness; participating in the development of financial plans and programs
- Ensuring the accurate/timely reporting of the business financial results, the preparation of the budgets, financial reports and analyses; ensure compliance with all country legal, regulatory and tax reporting requirements
- Evaluating cash flow projections
- Providing strategic financial input and leadership on issues affecting the region and provide financial advice and knowledge to others within the discipline
- Minimum 2-3 years’ audit experience
- Qualified accountant with knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Experience in big 4 audit firm or preparing for an audit of a large business
- Broad based global experience in leading a financial unit
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external affiliates and clients
- Successfully managed financial organization with comparative scale and complexity
- Leadership Skills
Benefits and Perks
- A fast-paced, challenging environment with full entrepreneurial exposure & unique learning experiences
- 100% responsibility for what you do & lot of room to grow
- A huge opportunity ahead with a big, common goal in mind
- On-the-job coaching and regular, detailed feedback for your personal development
- An international team of experts who inspire and support you
- Regular get-togethers, team building events, barbecues, and parties
- Typical Start-up perks: flexible working hours, soft drinks and snacks for free, company pension scheme, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 30 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.