Portfolio Analyst at QuickCheck
About Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets.We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organized around two key activities: 1) creating jobs and fueling economic growth by partnering with local entities; 2) investing in high growth technology companies in impactful sectors.
QuickCheck is a Seedstars portfolio company, a fast-growing Fintech building the top credit-led neobank of Nigeria. 60 million Nigerian adults are excluded from banking services, 100 Million do not have access to credit. QuickCheck leverages artificial intelligence to build an app-based product that has been downloaded by 2 million people. It has processed over 4.5 million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people hustle everyday between Nigeria and Portugal to make our crazy vision a reality - and won’t rest until our app is in the hands of millions!
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a 'hands-on' Portfolio Analyst to join its team in Lagos. As a Portfolio Analyst at QuickCheck, your main duties include extracting, transforming, reporting, and visualizing raw data and working across departments to collaborate on new initiatives, thereby improving our operations and processes.
Responsibilities for this role include
- Develop and execute credit portfolio risk monitoring activities, including analytics.
- Create, enhance and maintain reports on key risk metrics, concentrations, and stratifications of the loan portfolio.
- Prepare and provide clear and accurate information as requested by auditors, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Anticipate regulatory risk by regularly monitoring the regulatory landscape.
- Responsible for preparing ad-hoc risk management reports as assigned.
- Responsible for the update of relationship loan histories, and determining appropriate exposure levels.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Product, Developers, UI/UX Designers, Marketing & Growth) to optimize conversion rates
- A Graduate degree in a relevant field of study, previous experience in the financial sector is a strong plus
- Ideally, you have a good understanding of Credit Risk Management and the metrics that are used to measure these risks
- Must have some technical affinity, to better understand what the coders are doing, paired with excellent data analysis skills (e.g. SQL queries)
- Skilled in Excel and handling of large data (with SQL); basic coding skills in at least one programming language [and experience with statistical modeling] are an asset.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze significant amounts of raw data and draw valid inferences and present them successfully to management using a reporting tool
- Technical writing skills
- Ability to troubleshoot data
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent command of English and communication skills
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 8-)
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension, Life, and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of remote working depending on the role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.