Venture Capital Analyst Internship - Seedstars Africa Ventures
Seedstars Africa Ventures is a venture capital fund investing in innovative, early-stage, high-growth companies across the continent and providing them with first-class support. The fund leverages the existing operations of Seedstars' accelerator in 25+ countries in Sub Saharan Africa.
Seedstars Africa Ventures is looking for a 6-months intern. This is a unique opportunity to work in the VC space while making a difference by supporting early-stage entrepreneurs in Africa. This is a remote role starting as soon as possible.
The intern will assist the team in:
• Screening and reviewing investment opportunities;
• Carrying the due diligence process, engaging with founders along with the fund Partners; collecting, organizing and analyzing reported information;
• Preparing Investment Memos to present to the Investment Committee;
• Supporting fund communication, including working on presentations and contributing to the fund’s online presence and reach;
• Undertaking ad hoc market research.
The candidate should have:
• A strong interest in the VC and investment space,
• Some experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, having lived, studied or worked on the continent; or strong cultural knowledge of the continent.
• At least 6 months of experience in a PE/VC investment fund, an investment bank, a management consultancy, or an audit firm
• Strong analytical and writing skills, with capacity to multitask and meet deadlines;
• A strong command of English (both written and verbal); French is a plus.
• A self-starter attitude;
• Experience in using Office, including Excel.