Business Development Associate at Lendigo
- Ilupeju, Lagos, Nigeria
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Lendigo is a high-growth financial technology company, focusing on SME lending in all areas. Our vision is to become the leading champion in SME lending for the common man in Nigeria while developing revolutionary fin-tech products that will change the whole conservative lending industry. Being a part of this ambitious project is what drives us every day and makes us achieve the best results for our clients and reach our ambitious goals.
About the Job
If Fintech sounds interesting to you and if autonomy, a steep learning curve and responsibility from day one are what you desire, then you might be the right fit for us!
We are currently seeking passionate individuals with a flair for Sales and Marketing to join our team in Lagos, as a Business Development Associate. The key mission of this job is to contribute to the company's top-line success by expanding our existing lending products through Lagos and other areas in Nigeria.
Responsibilities for this role include
- Acquire, onboard, and retain new individual and corporate clients through direct promotion and assist prospects with loan applications.
- Initiate the Credit Assessment process and ensure disbursement is done within agreed timelines
- Portfolio management, with full responsibility for the portfolio's growth and quality
- Collaborating with internal team members (Digital Marketing, Customer Engagement, and Collections) to continuously improve the process
- Take initiative and improve or develop new lending products
- Drive revenue and profit to achieve the Company’s ambitious growth
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets
- A Graduate degree in a relevant field of study
- Proven track record of personal, academic, and professional achievements
- A high degree of comfort with analytics, numbers, and the capability to draw decisions based on both data and intuition.
- Ability to work in an independent, structured, and goal-oriented manner
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and meet demanding deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is a must
- Previous experience with SME lending or other financial products is a plus
- Excellent command of English and communication skills
Benefits and perks:
- Coaching opportunities and learning Financial Technology from the best
- Join a young, passionate, hungry, and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Regular get-togethers like team events, etc.
- Flexible working hours and offsite work arrangements
- Pension, life, and health insurance schemes
- A high degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication, and get shit done attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you found our job opening on the Seedstars’ website
Seedstars is one of Lendigo’s earlier investors. It’s a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 80+ emerging markets, which invests in early-stage tech across emerging markets.