Are you interested in playing a critical role in the development of a fast growing fin-tech startup, and work in a flexible & international environment, filled with growth opportunities?
Who we are
ShweLan is a young multicultural startup - part of the Seedstars Group - that focuses on developing technology solutions to provide credit to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Myanmar. Our vision is to become the leading champion in SME lending in Myanmar while developing revolutionary fin-tech products that will change the whole conservative lending industry.
We are fast-growing and in need of dynamic people that want to challenge themselves following international best practices and developing innovative ideas.
About the Job
We are looking for two (2) Credit Risk Officers / Specialists to support the growth of our local operations.
- Lead the credit risk assessment of customers and manage day-to-day operations
- Identify, analyse and recommend to our credit committee small businesses that can best benefit from our services
- Improve and maintain cash flow based credit analysis tools
- Maintain and recommend improvement on credit risk management framework, processes and systems
- Ensure compliance to credit risk management framework
- Prepare and review loan documents and ensure they are correctly executed
- Collect receivables through calls, emails, in-person visit
- Coordinate with third party collection agents
- Build relationships and communicate with similar businesses to ensure information and knowledge sharing
- Mentor junior staff
- Perform at hoc duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Strong believer in our mission
- Minimum of 4 years credit analysis / banking experience
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
- Excellent knowledge of internet, email and Microsoft office
- Good communication skills
- Able to work independently, flexible, and calm under pressure
- Fluent in English and in Burmese
Benefits and perks
- Growth opportunities, both locally and at a global level
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs
- Exposure to cultures and ecosystems from over 70 countries through the Seedstars Group
We are an equal opportunity employer with more than 40 nationalities represented in our group, and we believe diversity is one of our key strengths. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.