Are you interested in joining a fast growing international startup and play a crucial role in organising the largest event dedicated to startups in emerging markets? Then this role is for you!
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About the job
Our internship program works with talented students to help them develop core skills, learn more about the different startup ecosystems and make an impact in our business. It's a great opportunity to play an important role in organising one of the largest event dedicated to startups and emerging markets world wide.
With this internship, you will get involved with the organisation of our Global Summit to be held in April 2019 in Lausanne, Switzerland. This role can be done remotely from anywhere (preferably European - African time zone to be in the same time zone as Geneva).
The main goals of this position are:
- Assist with all other event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post event wrap-up
- Planning, implementation and follow-up for the next edition of the Global Seedstars Summit
Operations & Logistics:
- Coordinate event logistics such catering, venue booking, ground transportation
- Supervise and coordinate with event contractors
- Work on the tickets sales strategy
- Find, manage and operate in-kind sponsors
Marketing & communication:
- Prepare event content
- Develop and implement marketing plans and materials
- Maintenance of website
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
- Excellent ability to read, write and speak English - content skills
- Creativity and independence
- Interpersonal skills and good relationships
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
- An ability to connect - comfortable in new environments and more importantly loving engaging with new people and circumstances. You must be able to network and connect with different types of of people.
- Creativity & team player - The challenges faced are massive and constant and you should see these challenges as experiences and will need to be creative to solve those problems. In order to scale and grow successfully, the quality of listening and generating relevant feedback from your team and outside partners/customers is fundamental.
- French speakers appreciated
Benefits and perks
- Invitation & Participation to full event (Bootcamp & Summit) in the Global Seedstars Summit in Switzerland
- Exposure to cultures and ecosystems from over 70 countries
- Build your network in emerging markets of tech entrepreneurs and investors
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Upon successful completion of the internship, a full time position as part of the team may be presented
- Access to our internal Academy with dedicated courses on growth hacking, finance or online marketing.
Location and duration
- All interns, must pass through a 2 weeks training program at the headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland
- For the remaining period of the internship, remote work may be possible (to be defined).
- Duration: minimum 8 months, can lead to full time employment
- Starting date : early September 2018