Full Stack Python/Django Software Engineer at QuickCheck
A large portion of the Nigerian population has no access to proper banking services, especially credit. QuickCheck is a fast-growing Fintech startup in Nigeria, with the mission of providing financial services to underserved consumers. We leverage artificial intelligence to build an intelligent product, which wants to be much more than just another neo-bank in Africa. Our app-based solution has been downloaded by 1 Million people and has processed over 2.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people is located between Nigeria and Portugal.
About the Job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a 'hands-on' Full Stack Python/Django Software Engineer to join its team in Porto/Covilha. Who writes software solutions in our companies which will change the way people perceive and use technology. You will work in new generation mobile-first applications using the most recent methodologies and technologies: React, React Native, Python, Go.
- You take pride in the code you write - it's clean, organised, and elegant
- You want to work in an agile environment - we move quickly and ship code often
- You really hate when stuff breaks and it keeps you up at night
- You see the bigger picture (you realise that there are really exciting tasks and then there's bug fixing) but at the end of the day you're happy we're moving forward as a team, as a company, and as a product
- You're friendly, interesting and cool to hang out with
Your Tech Skills
- You are a quick learner - you pick up new frameworks and technologies quickly
- You have a strong understanding of Python, Django and web development
- Comfortable with Linux is a plus
- React / NodeJs knowledge is a plus
- Up to date with latest HTML/CSS/AJAX/etc. – front-end stuff
- Comfortable with SQL databases
- Comfortable with Git
- Write a unit test, but are not militant about things like testing frameworks and code coverage
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- A high degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.