Entrepreneur in Residence Middle East
About the Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets.We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organized around two key activities:
(1) Working in partnership with governments, development agencies, corporate partners, and private donors to develop emerging market entrepreneurship ecosystems, create jobs and fuel economic growth.
(2) Investing in high growth technology companies in impactful sectors in emerging and frontier markets and supporting them with capital, knowledge and introductions.
About the Opportunity
We are hiring an Entrepreneur in Residence to join an exciting project which aims to support international enterprises via a one year acceleration and growth program. Your main objective will be to (1) support in developing training programs, (2) support and mentor the enterprises, assess their needs and match them with mentors and experts and (3) increase the maturity level of the innovation ecosystem in the region. This role is on-the-ground in Abu Dhabi. Preference given to candidates already based in the UAE. Applications will be accepted until Feb 3, 2022. The start date for this position is anticipated to be between February-March, 2022 for 1 year, full time, with the possibility to renew.
- Create and develop various training programs with all required materials
- Coordinate with the client to leverage the existing network and resources for the implementation of programs
- Localize and manage program content, mentors, bootcamps, events, general agenda)
- Source and manage a network of mentors and experts.
- Deliver entrepreneurial workshops .
- Identify areas for program innovation and improvement and share them with central acceleration program team
- Track and report the batches progress
- Mentor multiple startups simultaneously
- Represent Seedstars in the larger startup community
- You have a passion for startups and technology, and in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation
- You have a strong belief in getting things done - You have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
- Strong operational and business development background
- +7 years of experience in the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Successful founder experience
- Experience mentoring successful startups (clear examples of startups mentored will be required)
- Advisor experience
- Technology/Innovation experience
- Experience creating and managing programs/events
- Business / startup / investment experience
- Deep understanding of startup methodologies (testing / experimentation design, fundraising etc ) as well as up to date knowledge of the latest tools (Analytics, SEM/CEO/Email/Social marketing etc.)
- Nice to have
- MENA expertise and/or experience
Why our team members love working with us
- We are on a mission that is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging and frontier markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.