PR and Media Relations Intern
Seedstars is an investment holding headquartered in Switzerland / Geneva on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging and frontier markets through technology and entrepreneurship. We operate 2 main activities to achieve our mission: (A) Work in partnership with development agencies, governments, corporate partners, and private donors to develop emerging and frontier market entrepreneurship ecosystems, create jobs and fuel income growth. (B) Invest in high-growth technology companies in impactful sectors (fin-tech, ed-tech, agri-tech, health-tech, etc) in emerging markets and support them with capital, knowledge and introductions.
About the internship
Seedstars is offering an exciting and unique internship opportunity for a passionate and driven PR and Media Relations Intern to become an integral part of our global communications team. As a PR and Media Relations Intern at Seedstars, you will be working directly with the head of Global PR and Media Relations, gaining tangible experience and mentorship in a fast-paced, impactful, and dynamic environment.
At Seedstars, we are on a mission to transform people's lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. This internship is a fantastic opportunity for you to play a crucial role in sharing our story and impact with the world.
As an intern, you will be fully immersed in the startup and VC industry, learning the ropes of PR communications from experienced professionals. This hands-on experience will not only enhance your skills but also provide you with valuable insights into the unique challenges and opportunities of working in emerging markets.
We offer a fully remote and flexible working environment, allowing you to adapt your work schedule to your needs and maintain a healthy work-life balance. Throughout your internship, you will be supported by our inclusive and diverse team, who are committed to your growth and success. In addition to gaining valuable experience and mentorship, you will also receive a small monthly allowance.
- Assist in building and maintaining media lists, targeting reporters, influencers, and key opinion leaders across emerging markets such as Asia, Africa, LATAM, MENA, and CEE
- Develop and execute media pitches, press releases, byline articles, and other compelling content that aligns with Seedstars' mission and values
- Support the planning, coordination, and execution of PR campaigns and initiatives to enhance Seedstars' brand visibility and reputation
- Identify and secure thought leadership opportunities, speaking engagements, and panel discussions for Seedstars' key executives
- Monitor industry news and trends in the VC and startup space to identify opportunities for proactive media outreach and reactive responses
- Assist with the development and creation of content, including blog posts and social media posts
- Track, measure, and report on the effectiveness of PR activities to inform future strategies and tactics
- You embody the following Seedstars Values:
- #Out of the comfort zone: you have an entrepreneurial mindset, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment where things are not fully defined
- #Independently Together: You can work well alone but are also an amazing team player. You know how to lead and motivate a team
- #Follow the money: You are extremely results-oriented and know how to drive sales activity (as well as motivate your team to do so)
- You care about the solutions being created for entrepreneurs and clients, and are good at building trust and relationships
- You have a strong worth ethic, meaning you are motivated, trustworthy and take initiative and possess an unbounded intellectual curiosity that you channel toward driving impact for the region
- Your Experience:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or MSc in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or a related field
- Strong interest in the startup ecosystem, technology, entrepreneurship, and media relations
- Excellent research, writing, and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Outstanding communication, organization, and time-management skills
- Ability to work part-time, ideally 20 hours per week
Why do our team members love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status