Do you want to become an Investment Analyst for an international venture capital firm and engage with hundreds of startups in emerging markets?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organisation with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
Seedstars International is a growing global seed stage investment fund with over 50 portfolio companies. We invest through batches via the Growth Program (post-acceleration program focused on implementing a growth methodology) and support the top percentile of companies through their next funding rounds. We invest across all sectors but have a focus on FinTech, EdTech, HealthTech and AgTech.
About the job
We are looking for an Analyst to join the team and support the sourcing, screening and evaluating of the seed-stage startups. Moreover, the Analyst will support Partners, Principals and Associates in deal execution, portfolio management and fundraising, among others.
- Learn the fundamentals of early stage venture capital investing.
- Be an integral part of our investment team and support us in all lines of our work.
- Source, screen & evaluate the best global seed stage startups in emerging markets.
- Build high quality relationships with ecosystem enablers, fellow investors and entrepreneurs.
- Passion for startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets.
- A “can-do” attitude, strong drive and willingness to learn.
- Flexibility & international exposure - This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude.
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working remotely with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen.
- You have 1-2 years of relevant work experience in a high-performance environment (venture capital, private equity, consulting, high-growth startup). Ideally including emerging market exposure.
- Financial acumen and strong analytical skills.
- Prior VC/investment experience is a big plus but not a must.
Why our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
- Competitive package. Opportunity for internal career progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.