Technical Product Manager - Digital Lending at QuickCheck
About Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organized around two key activities: 1) creating jobs and fueling economic growth by partnering with local entities; 2) investing in high growth technology companies in impactful sectors.
QuickCheck is a Nigerian Fintech Startup with the mission of becoming the one-stop platform for micro-entrepreneurs and small business owners to solve their financial needs. Branchless. Responsible. QuickCheck leverages artificial intelligence to build an app-based product that has been downloaded by more than 2.5 Million people. It has processed over 5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 120+ people, from multiple locations around the world, hustling everyday to make our crazy vision a reality - and won’t rest until our app is used everyday by millions of entrepreneurs!
About the job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a 'hands-on' Technical Product Manager to join its team in Lagos. The PM will be responsible for the delivery of the product team by orchestrating internal and external stakeholders, listening to customers and defining requirements, monitoring product performance while scaling up. This is a key role that connects the dots end-to-end throughout the whole customer journey. You will provide thought leadership and direction that drives customer experience and business results, in alignment with the QuickCheck mission.
Responsibilities for this role include
- The ultimate success of the product: sustainable product-market fit and profitability
- Based on company objectives and product vision, you define (with the product team), monitor and achieve the quarterly product roadmap, KPIs and OKRs
- Delivery: with the Product Dev Lead, you make sure the goals of the product development cycle are met and the team timely gets the product out the door. You test releases and assure the quality is met before launch
- Communication: you are the one who puts all pieces together by getting feedback from all product stakeholders
- Methodology: you help us craft and continuously fine tune our product management process
- Manage loan products portfolio
- Create strategies to boost product utilization.
- Segment and portfolio analysis
- Product reporting and analysis to management for informed decision making
- Assist the Risk Department with the NPL management and reporting
- Develop new products generating new business opportunities by performing market research to identify customer needs/trends and opportunities.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the unsecured lending proposition to competitors' products across offerings, process, customer experience and portfolio quality.
- Proactive, with an innate drive to exploring different options for reaching results, autonomously and with high attention to detail
- 5+ years in managing credit products, either with a technical, financial or business background
- Strong project management skills: high-quality delivery taking into account scope, costs and time
- Great communicator: ability to listen and collect feedback from different stakeholders, you make sure everyone is constantly aligned to the agreed objective
- You lead by example, humble but with high ambitions and desire to learn more
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- You possess strong analytical skills, proficiency in Excel. SQL knowledge will be highly helpful in this role
- You read daily internet/mobile market trends and in love with technology
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- Modern and cool office, Silicon Valley style 8-)
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension, Life, and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of remote working depending on the role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.