Seedstars is a group headquartered in Switzerland / Geneva on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging and frontier markets through technology and entrepreneurship. We operate 2 main activities to achieve our mission: (A) We work in partnership with development agencies, governments, corporate partners, and private donors to develop entrepreneurship ecosystems, create jobs, and fuel income growth. (B) We invest in high-growth technology companies in impactful sectors (fintech, ed-tech, agritech, health tech, etc) in emerging markets.
About the Programs business
Seedstars Programs consults multilateral and bilateral organisations, governments, and private sector foundations on customized interventions and financing solutions for small and growing businesses (SGBs) in emerging markets. Our goal is to create thriving entrepreneurship ecosystems and generate positive social and economic impact in the global south and developing economies.
We support our clients in:
- Developing entrepreneurship ecosystems (insights and advice on policy, finance, culture, support infrastructure, human capital, and markets) based on our proprietary Seedstars Index.
- Designing and co-creating customized interventions and implementing programs based on the segmentation of businesses and their specific needs.
- Setting up innovative development finance facilities and managing capital flows (VC & Equity program funds, Convertibles, Catalytic finance instruments, Impact linked finance, blended finance, result or revenue-based finance, loans, mezzanine, grants, etc.).
- Measuring and managing the impact of programmatic interventions.
The majority of our projects are sustainable development goal (SDG) driven and tackle some of the world's most pressing challenges like climate action, gender equality, migration, and financial inclusion.
About the role
We are looking for a driven, hands-on, and entrepreneurial Marketing Specialist to support our marketing and communications efforts and implement a comprehensive marketing, social media, audiovisual production, and communication strategy for our core programs, working in close collaboration with regional program managers, community managers, PR, and reporting to the Head of Marketing. The Marketing Specialist will use content marketing to optimize and meet the communication goals of global programs and craft and generate engaging content (articles, pictures, videos, infographics, etc) through storytelling, and distribute it for our partners and community in the most effective and KPI-driven way under tight timelines.
This is a fully remote position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Support and implement a comprehensive full-cycle marketing strategy that aligns with goals and objectives.
- Rollout engaging marketing campaigns across various channels, including digital, social media, video, and public relations.
- Contribute to an experiment pipeline and playbook of best practices to scale learnings and share with stakeholders internally.
- Track and analyze marketing data to measure campaign performance and optimize strategies accordingly.
- Manage our online presence in collaboration with the core programs marketing team to ensure it is up-to-date, informative, and aligned with the Seedstars brand.
- Create visual aids such as catalogs, advertising media, point-of-sale advertising, ads, exhibition stands, product brochures, web inserts, etc..
- Build and maintain relationships with potential partners, donors, and media outlets to leverage for programs.
- Represent Seedstars at industry events and conferences.
- Your Mindset
- Excellent team player with high levels of empathy.
- Extremely polished and straightforward communication –written and spoken– with different levels of stakeholders.
- Comfortable delivering under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Your Experience
- 2+ years experience in Marketing, Digital Media, or a relevant field.
- Ability to develop creative, engaging and original content.
- Proficient in google suite and social media management platforms, ads and tools.
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management.
- Robust digital marketing and social media analytics.
- Nice to have
- An interest in gender issues, digital technologies, climate, migration, financial inclusion and their role in economic and social development.
- You are either a local entrepreneur, or innovation enthusiast, or are knowledgeable about
- Familiarity with startup incubation and acceleration programs.
- Keen interest in graphic design and high attention to detail.
- Fluency in Spanish, French or Arabic are a plus.
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission that is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets.
- You get many growth and learning opportunities early on, including impactful and skills-enhancing roles in innovative programs.
- Robust onboarding to translate our values and ways of working into successful outcomes.
- Excellent networking opportunities, including exposure to thought leaders and SMEs in the field of entrepreneurial support.
- An entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team.
- Autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want.
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom-centered practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage women, people from emerging markets, and those from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.