Engineering Manager at QuickCheck
About Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets.We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organized around two key activities: 1) creating jobs and fueling economic growth by partnering with local entities; 2) investing in high growth technology companies in impactful sectors.
To learn more about Seedstars, tune-in to the newsroom.
QuickCheck is one of the first Seedstars’ investments, a fast-growing Fintech building the top credit-led neobank of Nigeria. 60 Million Nigerian adults are excluded from banking services, 100 Million do not have access to credit. QuickCheck leverages artificial intelligence to build an app-based product that has been downloaded by 2 Million people. It has processed over 4.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people hustles everyday between Nigeria and Portugal to make our crazy vision a reality - and won’t rest until our app is in the hands of millions!
About the job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a 'hands-on' Engineering Manager to join our team in Porto. The ideal candidate is experienced in managing a squad of agile software engineers, work closely with product owners, oversee software designs, and development of software applications. You will ensure best practices around software projects.
Responsibilities for this role include
- Manage a growing engineering squad to optimise the quality, velocity of both development and operations.
- Ensure that the squad delivers great products that users love by maintaining a culture of quality and engineering excellence.
- Advocate, advance modern, agile software development practices leading to great engineering and organisational practices.
- Collaborate with product owners, risk management, QA and other squads to drive the vision, prioritize work, and set the roadmap for the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Software engineering background, preferably with Python, Django, and web development experience
- Experience in leading, managing, coaching, and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software together with them
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design, Database Design, and XML Schema
- Comfortable with SQL databases, Git and Linux is a plus
- Knowledgeable about HTML/CSS/AJAX/etc.
- Ability to review code, multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Private health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.