Credit Collection lead at Lendigo
- Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria
- Full Time
Lendigo is a high-growth financial technology company, focusing on SME lending in all areas. Our vision is to become the leading champion in SME lending for the common man in Nigeria while developing revolutionary fin-tech products that will change the whole conservative lending industry. Being a part of this ambitious project is what drives us every day and makes us achieve the best results for our clients and reach our ambitious goals
About the job
If Fintech sounds interesting to you and if autonomy, a steep learning curve and responsibility from day one is what you desire, then you might be the right fit for us!
Lendigo is seeking to hire a Data-Driven Credit Collections Lead to join its team. The individual will be responsible for the credit collections team's delivery by streamlining current collections procedures, developing novel collections techniques, and offering insights into Collections KPIs. This is a critical function that links the dots from end to end throughout the credit recovery process. In line with Lendigo's mission of educating customers about responsible credit behavior, you will provide intellectual leadership and direction that drives collections experience, operational efficiency, and business success.
Ideal candidates will be extremely flexible with scheduling, working weekends and occasionally on holidays.
Responsibilities for this role include
- Analyze current performance, research, continuously develop and implement collection processes that reduce the amount of delinquency/default
- Organize the outbound call center into squads, leveraging VoIP technologies and IVR
- Ensure that debts are fully recovered in a timely manner, in accordance with various consumer protection legislation and a quality framework.
- Provides insights to Credit Collection KPIs like conversion rate, connection rate impacting both new and returning users
- Collaborate with the Head of Risk and the Operations Team to prevent fraudulent approval of risky cohorts as defined by the risk team.
- Collaborate with the internal field debt recovery team and relevant recovery agencies and make recommendations based on KPI results and regular CBA reports.
- 3 years in a leading role within an outbound call center, using VoIP and IVR technologies
- Experience in conceiving and implementing Credit Recovery processes will be highly valued
- Autonomous and proactive, with an instinctive drive to investigate many methods for achieving results.
- High attention to detail, and kiskil is the password for the vision document above
- You exhibit strong analytical and IT skills, as well as Excel expertise. Basic SQL knowledge is required for this position.
- Great communicator: you have the capacity to listen to and collect feedback from a variety of stakeholders, ensuring that everyone is working toward the same goal
- You lead by example by being humble but ambitious, with a desire to learn more
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
Benefits and perks
- Coaching opportunities and learning Financial Technology from the best
- Join a young, passionate, hungry, and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Regular get-togethers like team events, etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Pension, life, and health insurance schemes
- High degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication, and get shit done attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you found our job opening on the Seedstars’ website
Seedstars is one of Lendigo’s earlier investors. It’s a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 80+ emerging markets, which invests in early-stage tech across emerging markets.