Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organised around two key activities; 1) talent incubation and 2) VC investing. We incubate talent and high growth ventures through a series of programs from idea stage to early growth stage. We are currently building a platform of funds to be positioned as a key early-stage emerging market VC
About the Programs Team
The Programs team alongside Incubation, and Investments is a central squad at Seedstars. The Programs team’s key activity is to provide enterprise support through the execution of structured programs to make sure entrepreneurs have the knowledge, network, and services to scale. The Programs team operates as a critical revenue generator for Seedstars by developing tailored solutions to address unique challenges faced by startups and entrepreneurs around the globe. The Program squad is the fastest growing business unit in Seedstars and is composed of a Head of Global Programs, multiple regional partnership and sales manager, a Global Startup Growth Lead, Entrepreneurs in Residence, Program Managers and Entrepreneurship and Innovation Experts. The team works in close collaboration with many business units throughout the group, including People Operations, and Finance.
About the Program
The WDLN (Women Data Lab and Network) is a holistic technical assistance program to enhance the capacity of women in Cote d’Ivoire to run and grow successful businesses by participating in the digital economy. The program supports existing W-SMEs in their growth journeys, creates a robust pipeline of new W-SMEs, and works with ecosystem stakeholders to create a supportive environment for digital skills in Cote d’Ivoire. The WDLN combines an innovative, yet proven pedagogical approach to skill training with a built-in sustainability mechanism to ensure that the program is impactful, scalable and sustainable.
About the job
The mission of the Communications Lead is to use content marketing as the tool to optimize every day to meet communication goals of the WDLN program. The two main challenges of this position are to be able to create and generate the best content through storytelling, as well as to distribute it to the community in the most effective and KPI-driven way. Your main responsibility will be to lead marketing efforts in collaboration with the program managers.
- Build on messaging to effectively communicate the value of the program
- Develop and implement the marketing strategy of the program
- Manage and generate content: articles, pictures, videos, infographics, etc…
- Generate, edit and share content on social media and on the blog
- Manage and optimize content distribution through social media and website
- Work together with the program managers s on the strategy and planning of the marketing efforts
- Manage the designs of material creations for the program
- Monitor and coordinate the social media communication
- Align with the program's marketing team on all the marketing initiatives around the program and brand guidelines and messaging
- Working together with implementation partners (Marketing Managers) to be aligned on messaging and branding
- Event coverage
- PR: Contact with local press agencies, coordinating press attendance on physical events
- Previous relevant experience in content marketing, blog edition, writing, social media and communications in general is a must
- Excellent ability to read, write, speak English and French is a MUST.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
- You are a very data driven/ analytical person
- You have strong copy-writing abilities and know how to create appealing content to a specific audience
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management)
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.