Do you want to work in an impact driven startup while being responsible for the day to day operations of a fast growing co-working and co-living spaces network?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
Seedspace (www.seedspace.co) is the fastest growing network of coworking and coliving spaces in emerging markets.
- Coworking: Flexible, global memberships, shared or dedicated desks and private offices.
- Community: Participate or organise useful events, meet and collaborate with new clients & friends, access to member benefits and a global network of mentors, investors, corporates and more.
- Coliving: Short to midterm room rental for digital nomads, coworkers or travelers looking for a life & work package in a friendly and dynamic environment.
About the job
You have the responsibility for the performance of the existing co-working spaces as well as improve operating profit. You will support the growth of the business and you will own and execute the growth plans whilst recruiting and building the operations team.
You will collaborate and work with the regional managers and hubs teams to make sure each space is up to the standards and be accountable for all the functions within the spaces i.e. Sales, Development, Marketing, Operations, Finance and People Ops/ Team Management.
You will also have the opportunity to improve the performance of the business by proposing ideas to be implemented in are co-working spaces worldwide.
This is an exciting role if you are a hands on person who wants to see the immediate impact of his/her work at a global level.
This role can be done either remote or from our central hub in Porto, where most of the global team is based.
- Optimise the profit potential and cash return from each space.
- Review business performance of each location focusing on profit and sales.
- Ensure consistent growth of revenue and the development of existing and new sales channels.
- Maintain a database of members and other channels/ partnerships.
- Provides sales mentoring and coaching to foster the raise of the sales acumen within Seedspace team members.
- Work in collaboration with the marketing team to drive brand awareness.
Operations and Customer Service:
- Oversee all aspects of operations in key areas such as management, sales and marketing, human resources, budget and forecast management, housekeeping and maintenance.
- P&L management
- Create and monitor operations processes across all hubs
- Support the growth and development plan for each country.
- Support the development strategies to grow the Seedspace footprint through both conventional and unconventional low risk / low capex models.
- Recruit, train, develop, manage, lead and build a strong and cohesive team.
- You have the ability to read and interpret financial statements and reports.
- You have the ability to recruit, train, develop, manage, lead and measure productivity of sales teams.
- You are willing to travel for up to 50% of time.
- You have minimum 5+ years experience in hospitality, real estate, startups, consulting or related experience with strong operational focus
- You have experience in managing the sales process.
- Experience in real estate, facilities management or retail a plus.
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast growing international company.
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by an amazing and diverse team.
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to their work when and how they want.
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 30 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.