Senior Data Strategist
About Beacon Power Services
Our vision is to be the leading provider of data and software solutions for Africa’s power sector. Our mission is to improve access to electricity for 400+ million people living in Africa’s cities.
As an organization, we are driven by our core values which include:
- Being transformational
- Focusing on the customer
- Being professional
- Seeking development and growth
- Being resilient
- Having fun
What we provide
- We provide an enabling environment to foster personal and career growth.
- Our flexible work schedule enhances work/life balance.
- Our compensation package is competitive.
- We provide medical insurance, pension, and other benefits.
We are seeking a Senior Data Strategist to manage a team of data analysts.
The ideal candidate must be a technical leader and subject matter expert for data and analytics including data governance and data management practices, and have exceptional leadership and management skills, with a focus on achieving operational excellence. He/she must also be a self-starter, able to work independently, solving abstract problems. “Able to make sense of big data” The candidate would be required to show critical thinking, strategic analysis, cross-functional communication skills, and a strong sense of focus and determination to read over intricate datasets, oversee and conduct the conversion of the raw data into insights that would lead to informed business decision.
- Oversee data analytics processes for the organization, create models and identify hidden patterns from stored data.
- Extract, transform, and analyze data from different sources (including databases) and apply algorithms to generate useful insights in production
- Oversee all data flow including processing (ETL), exploration, modeling and Infrastructure
- Oversee the design of the architecture of data platforms; develop, customize and manage integration tools, databases, warehouses, and analytical systems.
- Design machine learning models and deploy them in production.
- Use a systematic approach to plan, create, and maintain data architectures while also keeping aligned with business requirements
- 5+ years of experience working with data and/or quantitative analysis in data collection, statistical, analytical and business intelligence functions
- Strong architecture background with knowledge of the following stacks: Python, C#, GoLang
- Solid understanding of data science techniques including data modeling, algorithms, and data transformation
- Hands-on with ETL tools, machine learning frameworks and Libraries
- Strong knowledge of SQL/NoSQL domain to design and build data storages.
- Ability to build complex database systems and data warehouse
- Advanced knowledge of SQL