Are you passionate about entrepreneurship and want to have a direct impact in building a strong local ecosystem?
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 70+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About Seedstars Acceleration program
Seedstars Acceleration is a 3-month long onsite/online acceleration program held with local partners in Bogota, Colombia with the aim to help startups to internationalise. The role also includes the mentoring of local entrepreneurs in different opportunities and events in the whole country. The position is a 4 months contract until December 2019.
Being implemented across different locations across Latam, the role and contract could be renewed with eventually relocation to new locations for program implementation on the ground (e.g. either executing a few batches in one location, or switching locations per batch).
- Acceleration program “localisation” and management (content, mentors, bootcamps, events, general agenda)
- Execution of the outlined design and curriculum of the program
- Startup outreach, application screening, and assistance with the selection
- Management and curation of work with local acceleration partner and sponsor
- Recruit and manage local associates
- Mentoring multiple startups simultaneously
- Sourcing and management of network of mentors and experts.
- Coordination of mentors and experts visits
- Represent Seedstars in local community
- Budget control
- Identify areas for program innovation and improvement and share with central acceleration program team
Key objectives and results
- Follow-on investment for the batch, local ecosystem development and visibility.
- Successful execution of program KPIs & monitoring on partner deliverables.
- Building foundation for sustainable and recurring programs in the region.
- Your share our passion for startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets
- Understanding of startup methodologies (testing / experimentation design, fundraising etc ) as well as up to date knowledge of the latest tools (Analytics, SEM/CEO/Email/Social marketing etc.)
- Flexibility & International exposure - This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice
Why our employees love working with us:
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic working places in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
- We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on. It’s one of the perks of a fast growing international company
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We strive by giving autonomy and flexibility to our teams. We have a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to their work when and how they want
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.