Product Market and Impact Fit Entrepreneur in Residence Asia
Seedstars is a global company with headquarters in Switzerland, and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organised around two key activities; 1) Seedstars Programs and 2) VC investing. We incubate talent and high growth ventures through a series of programs from idea stage to early growth stage.
SAFEEM is a non-profit organization that supports and empowers entrepreneurs in emerging markets. As the consortium lead, SAFEEM will serve as the main point of contact to our partners and will ensure alignment and coordination with the consortium partners, as well as implement and foster learning mechanisms throughout the project.
About the Programs Team
Seedstars Programs implements capacity-building programs for entrepreneurs in Emerging and Frontier Markets. We run educational activities to increase economic and social impact by supporting small and growing businesses (SGBs). Seedstars works with public and private sector partners in Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and North Africa, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America who are passionate about making a difference in emerging markets through entrepreneurship and technology.
The majority of our programs are SDG-driven and tackle some of the world's most pressing challenges like climate action, gender equality, migration, smart and sustainable cities, and financial inclusion. We co-create the best possible program interventions with our partners targeting startups and SGBs in all stages of their development:
- Incubation Programs for teams looking to start their business
- Acceleration Programs for teams with a first MVP and some revenue < $10k
- Investment Readiness Programs for teams in various stages of the fundraising process
- Growth and Expansion Programs for teams with multiple months of stable growth and product-market fit that can now focus on business and impact growth
About the Program
The Care Accelerator offers a comprehensive approach to supporting care enterprises in the Asia-Pacific region through business training, mentorship, access to networks and finance, and capacity building to develop and implement inclusive and gender-responsive business practices.
The program supports women-led and/or women-benefitting entrepreneurs with innovative solutions to transform caregiving challenges into employment and business opportunities, provide products, services, or tech solutions that can make care more accessible and affordable, and improve the overall quality of care services on and offline for women, families and communities.
The Asia-Pacific Care Accelerator is part of the Gender-Inclusive Care Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Program (GICEEP), which is a programme jointly supported by Canada’s International Development Research Centre (IDRC) and the Visa Foundation. GICEEP is implemented in partnership with the UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, the Swiss Association For Entrepreneurship In Emerging Markets (SAFEEM), and BopInc
About the job
As an Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) with a focus on Product Market & Impact Fit your objective will be to develop the curriculum for and deliver material for the Asia-Pacific Care Accelerator. You will localize existing content, source and manage our network of mentors and experts, work to develop the innovation ecosystems in the Asia Pacific and track success through monitoring and evaluation efforts.
This is a fully remote, part-time position. With a time commitment of roughly 10 hours a week for a 3 month period.
- Creation of workshop session content on the topics Product-Market fit, Business model, Product management, Impact model
- Including a localized lens
- Including a gender lens
- Review individual startup milestones and provide feedback prior to module start
- Work in multiple small group sessions with all entrepreneurs and guide them through meeting their milestones
- Assist in milestone review sessions
- Source any relevant mentors and experts
- Provide relevant introductions to the entrepreneurs
- Tracking and reporting of batch progress
- Identify areas for program innovation and improvement and share with central acceleration program team
- Participate in any physical program activities that take place within your region
- Your mindset
- Excellent team player with high levels of empathy
- Passion for problem solving and striving for excellence
- Knack for coordination
- Extremely polished and straightforward communication –written and spoken– with different levels of stakeholders
- You are extremely rigorous in following processes (even self-set) to achieve your objectives
- Your Experience
- Business model and Product-market fit support for SMEs and startups
- Business modeling experience
- You have a good understanding of finance (Budgeting, Forecasting, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statements) and master Excel
- Mentorship or training experience
- Previous product leadership/founder experience
- Experience supporting in startup & entrepreneurial programs
- Deep understanding of startup methodologies (testing / experimentation design, fundraising etc ) as well as up to date knowledge of the latest tools (Analytics, SEM/CEO/Email/Social marketing etc.)
- You are an expert in using Google Workspace and have experience working with our software tools (Slack, Zoom, Notion, Airtable,...)
- Nice to have
- You are either a local entrepreneur or innovation enthusiast
- You are an active member in your startup community
- Knowledgeable about the startup ecosystem in your country or region
- Experience working with women entrepreneurs
- Experience working with child and elderly care businesses
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage women, people from emerging markets, and those from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.