Are you passionate about startups and want to play an important role in developing the entrepreneurial ecosystem in your region, and then transition to a global role?
About Seedstars World
At Seedstars World, we run the largest seed-stage tech competition in emerging markets to source top companies and provide them with networking opportunities, mentoring and access to funding. It is now the largest startup network in emerging markets reuniting over 2000+ startups, investors, accelerators/incubators, corporates, media/press and government agencies.
The competition reaches new heights with the yearly Regional Summits, (1 per region: Africa, Asia, CEE, MENA, Latam) reuniting all the stakeholders of the region.
About Seedstars Summit
At Seedstars Summit, we reunite the top players interested to connect, build and invest in emerging markets. It is the biggest Entrepreneurship and Innovation Forum for emerging markets that takes place across all continents. Connect the dots offline!
About the job
We work with talents to help them develop core skills, learn more about the different startup ecosystems and make an impact in our business. It's a great opportunity to play an important role in organising the largest tech events dedicated to startups and emerging markets worldwide.
This role is divided in two parts :
- First, you will get involved in the organisation of our Asia Regional Summit to be held in Bangkok, Thailand in December 2018. (timeline : asap to December)
- Second, you will switch roles to support the organization of the global Seedstars Summit to be held in April 2019 in Lausanne, Switzerland. (timeline : January to May)
The tasks include but are not limited to:
- Planning, implementation and follow-up for the Regional Summit and then the global Seedstars Summit
- Assist with all other event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post event wrap-up
- Content Marketing & communication
- Prepare event content, ranging from liaising with speakers, communication with investors and organising different panel discussions and workshops
- Develop and implement marketing plans and materials
- Maintenance of the event website
- Managing and executing partnerships
- Operations & Logistics
- Supervise and coordinate with event contractors
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
- Excellent ability to read and write
- Previous event organisation experience is preferable
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
- An ability to connect - comfortable in new environments and more importantly loving engaging with new people and circumstances. You must be able to network and connect with different types of of people.
Benefits and perks
- Exposure to cultures and ecosystems from over 70 countries
- Build your network in emerging markets of tech entrepreneurs and investors
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Access to our internal Academy with dedicated courses on growth hacking, finance or online marketing.
- Upon successful completion of the Regional Summit and global Seedstars Summit, a full time position may be presented
Location & Starting date
- Location : Bangkok, Thailand, then 3 weeks in Switzerland in March/April 2019
- Starting date : beginning of August 2018