Head of Investor Relations
About the opportunity
This is Seedstars Capital’s first hire and you will work closely with the founders and fund managers. We have aspirations to build a dedicated investor relations team and are seeking a pioneering spirit with a desire to be involved at all levels.
Seedstars Capital’s investor relations team will be responsible for preparing new product launches, organizing marketing content as well as data rooms, preparing due diligence, developing engaging fundraising events/webinars, and executing the fundraise in the most effective manner while building up and maintaining long term engagement with limited partners.
This is a remote position for which we are looking to hire before year end.
In this role you will lead fundraising campaigns across existing and new venture capital funds which are targeting technology companies in emerging and frontier markets. We are a lean team so will require an individual who is flexible and willing to work across a wide range of responsibilities. You will:
Strengthen investor relationships:
- Build excellent relationships with the people behind our investors, bringing a hospitality mindset to every interaction, small or large.
- Tailor the experience of Seedstars Capital to the many different stakeholders within an institutional investor context, going above and beyond the required.
- Be the first point of call for the day-to-day communications with investors, including co-investment opportunities and ensuring that each request is handled with speed and clarity.
Communicate the progress of Seedstars Capital:
- Prepare a calendar of investor communications, from publishing portfolio and financial written updates to coordinating live and online events with Seedstars team members and portfolio founders.
- Communicate the culture of Seedstars Capital. Describe our investment philosophy and investment principles through the context of our portfolio companies and our decisions to invest in them.
- Benchmark the performance of Seedstars’ funds to our local and global peers and describe fundamental industry trends.
- Work closely with our fund managers to ensure high quality, tailored, investor metrics and reporting.
Raise future funds:
- Identify prospective long term partners for Seedstars’ funds, with a view to multiple commitments over many decades and fund cycles
- From announcement to close, you’ll manage the formation of new funds, including: authoring marketing and fundraising materials, maintaining the fund data room, assisting potential investors with their decision process, and managing any investor due diligence requests
- Work closely with the partners in pitch and due diligence sessions.
- Work closely with the fund managers to ensure each investor’s compliance obligations are met, all their legal feedback has been adequately addressed and maintain a hospitality mindset to onboarding investors in the new funds.
What we are looking for
A successful candidate is passionate about building an iconic investment business and has a proven ability to achieve a strategic vision through detailed execution. This translates to someone with a:
- Track record: Minimum of 5 years experience with a leading placement agent, in-house investor relations role or fund of funds (FoF), with a proven fundraising track record with an existing global network of family offices, multi-family offices and U/HNWI (a plus institutional investor network). You are a stellar project manager and likely also have experience thriving in emerging and frontier markets.
- Knack for communicating: At the heart of this role is building relationships with fund managers, investors and your future colleagues, so we prize those with an ability to communicate complex topics in a concise way across different stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic: You have a high output quotient and are predisposed to getting things done and taking action. You prioritise the most important things we should be focusing on as an organisation, and zero in on those that have the potential for the greatest impact without letting the smaller day to day tasks fall through the cracks
- Entrepreneurial mindset: You take initiative and excel in a fast-paced environment where things are not fully defined and can turn complexity and ambiguity into a context for success with minimal input. You are autonomous, resilient, take ownership, and innovate systematic approaches to solving challenges.
- Cross-functional team player outlook: You are empathetic, assertive, and not driven by ego. We value people who help their colleagues and contribute to the overall well-being of Seedstars. You can work well alone but are also an amazing team player.
Why our team members love working with us
- We are on a mission that is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging and frontier markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility (fully remote work) with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.
About the Seedstars Group
Seedstars is a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging and frontier markets.
We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The group is organised around two key activities:
(1) Working in partnership with governments, development agencies, corporate partners, and private donors to develop emerging market entrepreneurship ecosystems, create jobs and fuel economic growth.
(2) Investing in high growth technology companies in impactful sectors in emerging and frontier markets and support them with capital, knowledge and introductions.
About Seedstars Capital
Seedstars Capital will focus on Venture Capital across Emerging and Frontier Markets.
Our goal is to invest in emerging venture capital funds (GPs) and their portfolio companies to generate risk-adjusted and attractive returns. By providing GPs with institutional-grade support and capital, we can accelerate emerging managers’ success and provide the returns intended by the asset class.
Our investment thesis is fully aligned with the SDGs and we are integrating ESG considerations into our investment decision-making process to drive positive changes.