Regional Director of Partnerships Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
Are you looking for a role where you can have a significant impact in supporting entrepreneurs across the Middle East and North Africa? Then this role is perfect for you.
Seedstars is an investment holding headquartered in Switzerland / Geneva on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging and frontier markets through technology and entrepreneurship. We operate 2 main activities to achieve our mission: (A) Work in partnership with development agencies, governments, corporate partners, and private donors to develop emerging and frontier market entrepreneurship ecosystems, create jobs and fuel income growth. (B) Invest in high-growth technology companies in impactful sectors (fin-tech, ed-tech, agri-tech, health-tech, etc) in emerging markets and support them with capital, knowledge and introductions.
About the job
Seedstars is looking for an experienced head of partnerships for MENA. Your main objective will be to sell Seedstars key programs and other products that can impact the local and regional startup ecosystems to ensure a steady revenue from these activities in the MENA region. You will be responsible for managing the full lifecycle of the sales activities as well as a remote sales team.
The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in partnership building and business development with major organizations, governments, and foundations in the international development sector. Experience in non-profit, philanthropy, social impact, sustainability, and humanitarian efforts is a plus.
This is a remote role, with occasional travel.
- Increase the revenues in MENA by selling our core capacity-building products (i.e. talent incubator, accelerators etc), while making sure we achieve our regional sales targets
- Evaluate areas of opportunity for revenue growth for specific market segments and key accounts and turn them into an actionable sales plan/sales playbook
- Monitor and analyze sales performance and progress, own the entire P&L of the region
- Manage the entire regional team, while reporting directly to the Managing Director
- You embody the following Seedstars Values:
- #Out of the comfort zone: you have an entrepreneurial mindset, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment where things are not fully defined
- #Independently Together: You can work well alone but are also an amazing team player. You know how to lead and motivate a team
- #Follow the money: You are extremely results-oriented and know how to drive sales activity (as well as motivate your team to do so)
- You care about the solutions being created for entrepreneurs and clients, and are good at building trust and relationships
- You have a strong worth ethic, meaning you are motivated, trustworthy and take initiative and possess an unbounded intellectual curiosity that you channel toward driving impact for the region
- Your Experience:
- You have around 10 years or more of partnerships experience and demonstrated experience with sales in MENA and have experience in attracting Official Development Assistance funds in the US and globally
- You have a wide network of contacts within ODA entities and EU institutions that support entrepreneurship in MENA
- You have experience in managing effective sales teams
- You have a good understanding of finance (Budgeting, Forecasting, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statements) and master Excel
- Experience in non-profit, philanthropy, social impact, sustainability, and humanitarian efforts is a plus
- Fluency in Arabic and/or French is a plus
Why do our team members love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
We are an equal opportunity employer and since we have more than 40 nationalities represented in our company, we truly value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status