Administration and Finance Officer
Seedstars is a group headquartered in Switzerland / Geneva on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging and frontier markets through technology and entrepreneurship. We operate 2 main activities to achieve our mission: (A) We work in partnership with development agencies, governments, corporate partners, and private donors to develop entrepreneurship ecosystems, create jobs, and fuel income growth. (B) We invest in high-growth technology companies in impactful sectors (fintech, ed-tech, agritech, health tech, etc) in emerging markets.
SAFEEM (Swiss Association For Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets) is a Geneva-based non-profit organization on a mission to support entrepreneurs in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. SAFEEM is an independent organisation that operates in partnership with Seedstars, a global investment holding with a similar goal of impacting people's lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The organization works with Seedstars staff and has an Equivalency Determination (ED) certificate from NGOsource, proving its equivalence to a Certified Public Charity. SAFEEM has previously collaborated with various organizations such as UN Environment (UNEP), GIZ, European Union, Visa Foundation, and more to fuel economic growth and create jobs in emerging markets.
About the Program
Funded by USAID, MCC, and Microsoft, the DigiFemmes Program is a holistic technical assistance program to enhance the capacity of women in Cote d’Ivoire to run and grow successful businesses by participating in the digital economy.
The program supports existing W-SMEs in their growth journeys, creates a robust pipeline of new W-SMEs, and works with ecosystem stakeholders to create a supportive environment for digital skills in Cote d’Ivoire. The DigiFemmes Program combines an innovative, yet proven pedagogical approach to skill training with a built-in sustainability mechanism to ensure that the program is impactful, scalable and sustainable. As part of the program, the DigiFemmes Academy component is a two -years program which aims to create a new generation of women in tech entrepreneurs through a combination of an 18 months full stack Developer training followed by a 6 months incubation program.
About the job
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to fill the role of Admin and Finance Officer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading, overseeing, and coordinating administrative tasks and financial transactions to ensure smooth operations for the Programs team in the Ivory Coast . This position requires a combination of strong administrative skills and a solid understanding of financial principles.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records.
- Process accounts payable and receivable transactions.
- Reconcile bank statements and monitor cash flow.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of budgets.
- Contribute to financial forecasting and variance analysis.
- Provide support in financial planning and decision-making processes.
- Handle general administrative tasks such as filing, data entry, and document management.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports, presentations, and correspondence for management
Communication and Coordination:
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors and clients.
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with team members and other departments.
Compliance and Regulatory Affairs:
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and internal policies.
- Assist in the preparation for audits and regulatory inspections.
- Fluent French with an excellent command of English
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related fields with relevant progressive experience
- Solid knowledge of office procedures, strong organizational skills with problem solving attitude
- Experience with tracking expenses and maintaining accounts and budgets
Nice to have
- Professional Qualification of ACCA, SIMA, CPA or other equivalent certification will be considered as an advantage.
- Work experience in international organizations or similar environments
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial, human resource, procurement and administrative systems of international public organizations.
Why our employees love working with us
- We are on a mission that is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets.
- You get many growth and learning opportunities early on, including impactful and skills-enhancing roles in innovative programs.
- Robust onboarding to translate our values and ways of working into successful outcomes.
- Excellent networking opportunities, including exposure to thought leaders and SMEs in the field of entrepreneurial support.
- An entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- Autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want.
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom-centered practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage women, people from emerging markets, and those from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.