A large portion of the Nigerian population has no access to proper banking services, especially credit. QuickCheck is a fast-growing Fintech startup in Nigeria, with the mission of providing financial services to underserved consumers. We leverage artificial intelligence to build an intelligent product, which wants to be much more than just another neo-bank in Africa. Our app-based solution has been downloaded by 1 Million people and has processed over 2.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people is located between Nigeria and Portugal to make our crazy vision a reality - and won’t rest until our app is in the hands of millions!
Learn more about our visions and our values
About the job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire a 'hands-on' Capital Markets Lead to join its team in Lagos, Nigeria. As Capital Markets Lead you will work closely with Nigeria and global team members to develop, execute, and manage complex financing strategies. You will be leading efforts for building and maintaining relationships with investors, leading due diligence, structuring and general deal processes and strategizing Capital Markets objectives.
Primary responsibilities for this role
- Manage and lead the identification and approach to HNWIs, Investment Banks, Financial Institutions & other debt investors.
- Build on relationships with existing investors, preparing reports to meet deadlines, and submitting further applications for funding
- Managing credit rating agencies, regulators, consultants, lawyers
- Develop and maintain models to price and analyze various debt financing strategies
- Own all reporting for QuickCheck’ existing portfolio to existing investors, covenant tracking for various lenders
- Create pitch decks describing the business, portfolio performance, and asset base
- Lead due diligence processes for prospective investors, facilitating their understanding of QuickCheck’s business model
- Partner with the Credit team to analyze historical loan portfolios and project out trends
- Work cross-functionally with Finance, Marketing, Product, Data Science and Engineering to drive strategy as it relates to Capital Markets
- 2-3 years as an Investment Banking Analyst or Treasury Professional
- Proactive, with an innate drive to exploring different options for reaching results, autonomously
- High attention to detail and the password for the vision document above is iwalkthetalk
- Strong project management skills: high-quality delivery taking into account scope, costs, and time
- Great communicator: ability to listen and collect feedback from different stakeholders, you make sure everyone is constantly aligned to the agreed objective
- You lead by example, humble but with high ambitions and a desire to learn more
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- You possess strong analytical skills, proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint. SQL knowledge will be highly helpful in this role
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- A high degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of remote working depending on the role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you found our job opening on the Seedstars’ website
Seedstars is one of QuickCheck’s earlier investors. It’s a global investment holding with headquarters in Switzerland and a presence in 80+ emerging markets, which invests in early-stage tech across emerging markets.