Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
SAFEEM (Swiss Association For Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets) is a Geneva-based non-profit organization on a mission to support entrepreneurs in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. SAFEEM is an independent organisation that operates in partnership with Seedstars, a global investment holding with a similar goal of impacting people's lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The organization works with Seedstars staff and has an Equivalency Determination (ED) certificate from NGOsource, proving its equivalence to a Certified Public Charity. SAFEEM has previously collaborated with various organizations such as UN Environment (UNEP), GIZ, European Union, Visa Foundation, and more to fuel economic growth and create jobs in emerging markets.
About the program
The Togo Program is a holistic technical assistance upskilling program to enhance the capacity of entrepreneurs and women in Togo to run and grow successful digitally-enabled businesses to minimize the digital divide, catalyze economic growth, and create jobs.
About the role
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager on-the-ground will work in close collaboration with the program’s team core M&E expert and will lead on the implementation and operation of M&E systems from project initiation to closure for this program. They will carry out monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results, and lead project data collection, organization, collation, storage, coordination, and identify methods to use results for program improvement and optimization.
This is an on the ground opportunity starting in Q1 of 2024, to be based in Lome, Togo for a period of 9 months initially, with the possibility of an extension. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Data Collection and Management
- Collect data and if necessary coordinate with the teams to ensure appropriate data collection.
- Track, monitor, and evaluate all of the Togo program metrics and milestones and maintain a source of truth in our data management system.
- Develop new systems or processes to collect data from partners, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders for the program.
- Oversee the process to collect and input accurate impact data from our partners.
- Improve our Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning system in order to improve the quality of the program.
- Constantly improve our impact measurement system by benchmarking against the competition and implementing the language of our target customers.
- Provide data insights and visualizations through data, charts, graphs, and infographics for Seedstars’s impact reports, making sure our impact is easily accessible and visible.
- Update key impact dashboards to ensure knowledge management and sharing of impact data and insights internally and externally.
- Support the partnerships team in drafting a Theory of Change’s (ToC) for the program and a rigorous impact framework.
- Draft impact reports together with marketing and sales.
- Contribute to reports for clients.
Planning & Strategy
- Develop and implement M&E plans for the entire Togo program.
- Design, program, and conduct M&E surveys and robust evaluations methods.
- Train and support program staff in M&E methods.
- Your Mindset
- Excellent team player with high levels of empathy.
- Passion for problem solving and striving for excellence.
- Extremely polished and straightforward communication –written and spoken– with different levels of stakeholders.
- Your Experience
- Fluent French with a strong command of English.
- 3 to 5 years work experience in impact data management and analytics, monitoring and evaluation, and/or international development with a quantitative focus.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Strong data practitioner with experience in strategic planning and performance measurement.
- Extensive knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies and proven success in assisting or designing, implementing and operating project M&E systems.
- Nice to have
- Strong understanding of gender issues, digital technologies, and their role in economic and social development.
- Knowledge of R, Python, Stata or other statistical language
- Experience in data visualization or data dashboard tools such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Familiarity with startup incubation and acceleration programs.
Why our employees love working with us:
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets.
- You get many growth and learning opportunities early on, including impactful and skills-enhancing roles in innovative programs.
- Robust on-boarding to translate our values and ways of working into successful outcomes.
- Excellent networking opportunities, including exposure to thought leaders and SMEs in the field of entrepreneurial support.
- An entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team.
- Autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want.
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage women, people from emerging markets, and those from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at SAFEEM